AUSTRALIA: Woolworths reports record H1
Australia's largest supermarket group Woolworths has posted a better-than-expected 24% increase in net profit to A$295.5m (US$153.7m) for its first half, ended 6 January. Taking out the one-off income security payment of A$24m, net profits rose 19.7% year on year to A$317m, while earnings per share jumped 27.4% to 28.5c. Overall H1 sales were A$12.75bn, a rise of 13% and company chairman James Strong described the H1 result as "a strong performance in a very competitive environment".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund