AUSTRALIA: Woolworths reports record H1
Australia's largest supermarket group Woolworths has posted a better-than-expected 24% increase in net profit to A$295.5m (US$153.7m) for its first half, ended 6 January. Taking out the one-off income security payment of A$24m, net profits rose 19.7% year on year to A$317m, while earnings per share jumped 27.4% to 28.5c. Overall H1 sales were A$12.75bn, a rise of 13% and company chairman James Strong described the H1 result as "a strong performance in a very competitive environment".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO