SOUTH AFRICA: Woolworths reports unaudited H1 group results
South African retailer Woolworths has reported positive results for its first half, the six months ended 31 December 2001. Company chairman CA HAll and CEO Simon Susman commented that trading in all divisions of Woolworths was encouraging, with profit before tax for the six months rising 26.9% to R289.8m (US$25.3m). From continuing operations, revenue was up 19.1%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- ABF buys UK sports nutrition firms H5, Reflex