SOUTH AFRICA: Woolworths reports unaudited H1 group results
South African retailer Woolworths has reported positive results for its first half, the six months ended 31 December 2001. Company chairman CA HAll and CEO Simon Susman commented that trading in all divisions of Woolworths was encouraging, with profit before tax for the six months rising 26.9% to R289.8m (US$25.3m). From continuing operations, revenue was up 19.1%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning