AUSTRALIA: Woolworths results fail to impress investors - MEMBERS
Australian retailer Woolworths yesterday [Monday] reported an 18% rise in full-year net profits - but this was not enough to satisfy investors. Woolworths reported full year net earnings up 18% to A$563m (US$311.1m), compared with A$475.7m the previous year. After servicing income notes, net operating profit was up 22.2% to A$523.2m, below market forecasts of A$528m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods