AUSTRALIA: Woolworths stock slides following inflation data
Australia's largest grocer Woolworths saw its stock fall by around 2.5% today [Wednesday] after the Australian government released data showing that the current drought has pushed food prices up. This was coupled with Woolworths' recent Q1 sales results which met expectations but did not beat forecasts as they have done in the last few years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix