CANADA: Work dispute interrupts SWP's Vancouver Terminal ops
Agribusiness giant Saskatchewan Wheat Pool (SWP) has confirmed that the British Columbia Terminal Elevator Operators Association (BCTEOA) issued a lockout notice to the Grain Workers Union (GWU) at midnight on Sunday. The BCTEOA represents Vancouver-based grain terminals in collective bargaining with the GWU. SWP is a member of the BCTEOA, along with Agricore United, James Richardson International and Cargill. The lockout temporarily suspends operations at port terminals in Vancouver.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning