USA: Working to prevent foot-and-mouth disease by Tommy Irvin, Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture
The following statement was issued by Tommy Irvin, Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture: "Last year when I planned my visit to our department's international office in Brussels and to promote Georgia agricultural products at Great Britain's largest food show, there was not even a hint of a cloud of foot-and- mouth disease on the horizon in Europe. Before I headed across the Atlantic, an ominous cloud of disease had engulfed all of Great Britain and other countries. I saw the pits where animals were being buried and heard the stories of despair. I listened to the struggles and recommendations of British officials dealing with this crisis.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund