USA: Working to prevent foot-and-mouth disease by Tommy Irvin, Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture
The following statement was issued by Tommy Irvin, Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture: "Last year when I planned my visit to our department's international office in Brussels and to promote Georgia agricultural products at Great Britain's largest food show, there was not even a hint of a cloud of foot-and- mouth disease on the horizon in Europe. Before I headed across the Atlantic, an ominous cloud of disease had engulfed all of Great Britain and other countries. I saw the pits where animals were being buried and heard the stories of despair. I listened to the struggles and recommendations of British officials dealing with this crisis.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival