USA: World Commerce Online Acquires ProduceOnline.com
World Commerce Online, Inc. (OTCBB:WCOL), a leader in global business-to-business electronic commerce solutions for the perishable products industries, announced today the acquisition of ProduceOnline.com, a leading business-to-business e-commerce provider for the fresh fruit and vegetable industry. Bob Shaw, CEO and Chairman of World Commerce Online, commented, "WCO is a technology company and ProduceOnline.com has substantial domain expertise, which will accelerate our entry into all the segments of the food industry. We have a strong, proven model with Floraplex, trading over one million flowers weekly. With the acquisition of ProduceOnline.com we do have a superior business-to-business product for the produce industry." Chuck James, ProduceOnline.com's CEO, commented, "World Commerce Online's technology provides an immediate, proven, end-to-end solution. Their relationship with i2 and other technology companies makes our combined products the most complete vertical solution." Under the terms of the agreement, ProduceOnline.com was purchased for stock and assumption of liabilities. ProduceOnline.com will maintain its management team and offices in Pasadena and Salinas, Calif.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review