USA: World Commerce Online Acquires ProduceOnline.com
World Commerce Online, Inc. (OTCBB:WCOL), a leader in global business-to-business electronic commerce solutions for the perishable products industries, announced today the acquisition of ProduceOnline.com, a leading business-to-business e-commerce provider for the fresh fruit and vegetable industry. Bob Shaw, CEO and Chairman of World Commerce Online, commented, "WCO is a technology company and ProduceOnline.com has substantial domain expertise, which will accelerate our entry into all the segments of the food industry. We have a strong, proven model with Floraplex, trading over one million flowers weekly. With the acquisition of ProduceOnline.com we do have a superior business-to-business product for the produce industry." Chuck James, ProduceOnline.com's CEO, commented, "World Commerce Online's technology provides an immediate, proven, end-to-end solution. Their relationship with i2 and other technology companies makes our combined products the most complete vertical solution." Under the terms of the agreement, ProduceOnline.com was purchased for stock and assumption of liabilities. ProduceOnline.com will maintain its management team and offices in Pasadena and Salinas, Calif.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid