USA: World leader opens South America's largest caramel color plant
D.D. Williamson, the world leader in caramel color, began manufacturing product at its newest facility located in Manaus, Brazil. The plant, initiated last year, is the largest in South America with a capacity of 30,000 metric tons. It gives D.D. Williamson a strong position on its fifth continent as the company already has production operations in North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. Manufacturing in Brazil enables D.D. Williamson to better serve its South American customers - food and beverage processors.
"Instead of importing products, we can operate more effectively and competitively in Brazil. This improves service for our South American customers," said Jerry Torres, President of D.D. Williamson do Brasil Ltda. "From Manaus we offer the same high stability products consistent with our other plants. All of these operations are ISO 9002 certified, and we plan to implement that Quality system here."
D.D. Williamson produces over 50 liquid and 12 powdered types of caramel color on a worldwide basis. The company has led the industry in developing global ingredient specifications and analytical techniques such as GC-MS analysis for flavor. This helps its customers produce consistent, quality products with visual appeal.
Beraca Ingredients serves as D.D. Williamson's exclusive Brazilian distributor with local warehouse stocks in São Paulo, SP; Goiás, GO; and Recife, PE. D.D. Williamson sells through other agents in most South American countries.
D.D. Willliamson, established in 1865, is the world's largest manufacturer of caramel color. The company has its head offices in Louisville, Kentucky, USA and operates seven plants on five continents to serve its primary customers -- food and beverage processors. D.D. Williamson produces caramel color for leading global brand names in beverages, baked goods, soups, sauces, dry mixes and pharmaceuticals. Every day, more than one billion servings of foods and beverages containing D.D. Williamson caramel color are consumed around the world.
Hungry for more info? Please visit D.D. Williamson's website at www.caramel.com.
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review