EU/USA: World trade - Ecuador not bananas about pact - COMMENT
Major banana exporter Ecuador has stated its opposition to the new US-EU trade pact. The US and the EU may have ended their quarrel over bananas, but not everyone's happy. Ecuador's opposition to the deal adds to Dole Food's misgivings; both feel that a 'first-come first-served' system would be much fairer. However, given the enormous clout the US and the EU have in global trade, it remains to be seen whether the protests will have any effect.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods