EU/USA: World trade - Ecuador not bananas about pact - COMMENT
Major banana exporter Ecuador has stated its opposition to the new US-EU trade pact. The US and the EU may have ended their quarrel over bananas, but not everyone's happy. Ecuador's opposition to the deal adds to Dole Food's misgivings; both feel that a 'first-come first-served' system would be much fairer. However, given the enormous clout the US and the EU have in global trade, it remains to be seen whether the protests will have any effect.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast