NETHERLANDS: Worldwide Ahold Promotion in 6,000 of its Supermarkets in 23 Countries
Royal Ahold, the international food provider with more than 6,000 supermarkets and hypermarkets in 23 countries, has announced a worldwide promotion for 30 million of its customers. The promotion, lasting two weeks, is scheduled for the September-October period, 2000. "It is the first time an international supermarket company has run a worldwide promotion with so many of its stores participating," says Hans Gobes, Senior Vice President Communications of Ahold. "Many of our suppliers from around the world are actively involved. In Guatemala where Ahold is 50% owner of the La Fragua supermarkets, customers can win a house each day of the promotion while in the United States at our store chains Tops, BI-LO, Stop & Shop, Giant Carlisle and Giant Landover, cruise vacations can be won."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods