USA: Worldwide Partners Agencies Land Dean Foods of California
Dean Foods Companies California Division, Alta Dena Certified Dairy and Berkeley Farms, has awarded its advertising account to the combined communications forces of Worldwide Partner (WWP) affiliates The T&O Group of Irvine, Calif., Rick Johnson & Co. (RJC) of Albuquerque, N.M., and Matthews Mark of San Diego. The Worldwide Partners affiliated agencies beat out 16 national advertising agencies following a four-month review. Dean Foods is one of the nation's leading dairy processors and distributors producing a full line of branded and private-label products including fluid milk, ice cream and extended shelf life products that are sold under the Dean Foods and other strong regional brand names. Dean Foods is the industry leader in other food products including pickles, powdered non-dairy coffee creamers, aseptically packaged food-service products, and refrigerated dips and salad dressings. The agencies will assist in supporting the launch of Chugs into California and will work to build upon the strong Alta Dena Certified Dairy and Berkeley Farms brands. Plans include a single main base of operations at T&O, with RJC opening a San Francisco office to serve the new account in Northern California. The win for the consortium leveraged the strengths of the insight, experience and involvement in the dairy category, packaged goods food, account-planning capabilities and ethnic marketing insights. "This was a great team effort," said John Most, executive vice president of The T&O Group. "Our agencies banded together to develop a great strategic approach for Dean Foods of California and we look forward to working together to deliver real results for our new client." "The packaged goods experience we have gained these last six years working for Dean Foods' brand in the Southwest, Creamland Dairies, will certainly pay off in California," said Jim McKenna, executive vice president at Rick Johnson & Co.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review