USA: Wrigley announces rise in Q1 profits
US gum manufacturer Wrigley has reported a 14% rise in first quarter profits to US$97m, or 43 cents a share. The profits statement was in line with analysts' forecasts, and boosted by a weaker US dollar compared with key foreign currencies, and by the successful reception gained by new products such as the Eclipse breath freshener, commented Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund