USA: Wrigley announces rise in Q1 profits
US gum manufacturer Wrigley has reported a 14% rise in first quarter profits to US$97m, or 43 cents a share. The profits statement was in line with analysts' forecasts, and boosted by a weaker US dollar compared with key foreign currencies, and by the successful reception gained by new products such as the Eclipse breath freshener, commented Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery