Food industry quotes of the week: Wrigley, FrieslandCampina, Al-Rawabi
This week, Wrigley confirmed it is building a new gum plant in Kenya to help expand in a number of African markets. US confectioner BBX Sweet Holdings announced the acquisition of local peer Kencraft Candy, while FrieslandCampina revealed plans to close its cheese packing plant in Lochem. We also interviewed the general manager of Al-Rawabi, Dr Ahmed El Tigani, who told us about the UAE dairy company's recent move into functional dairy. Here is the week in quotes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves