Food industry quotes of the week: Wrigley, FrieslandCampina, Al-Rawabi
This week, Wrigley confirmed it is building a new gum plant in Kenya to help expand in a number of African markets. US confectioner BBX Sweet Holdings announced the acquisition of local peer Kencraft Candy, while FrieslandCampina revealed plans to close its cheese packing plant in Lochem. We also interviewed the general manager of Al-Rawabi, Dr Ahmed El Tigani, who told us about the UAE dairy company's recent move into functional dairy. Here is the week in quotes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses