Food industry quotes of the week: Wrigley, FrieslandCampina, Al-Rawabi
This week, Wrigley confirmed it is building a new gum plant in Kenya to help expand in a number of African markets. US confectioner BBX Sweet Holdings announced the acquisition of local peer Kencraft Candy, while FrieslandCampina revealed plans to close its cheese packing plant in Lochem. We also interviewed the general manager of Al-Rawabi, Dr Ahmed El Tigani, who told us about the UAE dairy company's recent move into functional dairy. Here is the week in quotes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast