USA: Wrigley posts Q4 profits up 20%
The world's leading chewing gum maker, Wrigley, has posted fourth-quarter profits of US$107.8m, compared with $89.9m a year earlier, beating analysts' estimates. Wrigley said its revenue was up 16% to $739.3m from $638m a year earlier, including a 19% increase in international sales. The company said that even without foreign currency effects revenue would have risen 12%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife