USA: Wrigley reveals new flavours
US chewing gum maker Wm Wrigley Jr has announced that it will launch seven new items under the Orbit, Juicy Fruit, Eclipse and Hubba Bubba brands this summer.
"Wrigley's product innovations are consumer-insight driven," said Paul Chibe, senior director of marketing. "Innovation must meet the needs of consumers and deliver both value and fun. We're very pleased with the new product line-up for the summer of 2005 and how well it addresses the wide variety of tastes and preferences among all our consumers - from age 6 to 60 and everywhere in-between."
Among the new products are Orbit Sweetmint and Citrusmint, Orbit White Bubblemint, Cinnamon Eclipse mints, Juicy Fruit Sours Tropikiwi Kick, Hubba Bubba Triple Treat, and Hubba Bubba Max Cherry-Lemonade.
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration
- Italy yoghurt woes lead to Emmi profit warning