EUROPE: Wrigley rolling out stevia-based Extra Mints in Europe
Wrigley rolling out stevia Extra Professional Mints in Europe
The group started the pan-European move in Germany and Austria last month with other European markets to follow later this year.
"The product will be launched in all European markets this year. We unfortunately don't have a detailed overview with the launch time per market but all European markets will gradually move to the New Extra Professional Mints with stevia this year," a spokesperson for the company told just-food.
Stevia is the "new star" among low-calorie sweeteners, being "guaranteed sugar free and virtually calorie-free", the spokesperson stressed. The sweetener has been mainly used in soft drinks but some ice cream, yoghurt and confectionery companies have been working with the ingredient.
The spokesperson added Extra Professional Mints have been linked to good oral health. "Extra Professional Mints help to gently clean the tongue in between brushings to reduce germs and give you a fresh, clean mouth feeling - they are the ideal complement to your daily oral hygiene."
Extra Professional Mints with stevia will be available in classic mint and forest fruit flavours, the company revealed.
Mars raised eyebrows in the US with support for calls for nutrition labels in the country to contain information on added sugar. Nestle has seen its infant formula production in South Africa hit by th...
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site
- Arla Foods to help Nigeria's dairy development