EUROPE: Wrigley rolling out stevia-based Extra Mints in Europe
Wrigley rolling out stevia Extra Professional Mints in Europe
The group started the pan-European move in Germany and Austria last month with other European markets to follow later this year.
"The product will be launched in all European markets this year. We unfortunately don't have a detailed overview with the launch time per market but all European markets will gradually move to the New Extra Professional Mints with stevia this year," a spokesperson for the company told just-food.
Stevia is the "new star" among low-calorie sweeteners, being "guaranteed sugar free and virtually calorie-free", the spokesperson stressed. The sweetener has been mainly used in soft drinks but some ice cream, yoghurt and confectionery companies have been working with the ingredient.
The spokesperson added Extra Professional Mints have been linked to good oral health. "Extra Professional Mints help to gently clean the tongue in between brushings to reduce germs and give you a fresh, clean mouth feeling - they are the ideal complement to your daily oral hygiene."
Extra Professional Mints with stevia will be available in classic mint and forest fruit flavours, the company revealed.
Mars is a global leader in confectionery, with a particularly strong presence in chocolate confectionery and gum. The company is highly geared towards the US, but also has a strong presence in China. ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Chewing Gums in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Chewing Gum, and Bubble Gum. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the ...
Confectionery in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains desc...
Confectionery in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains desc...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- China implements new safety regulations
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019