USA: Wrigley says continued strength in Q2 and H1
The Chicago-based gum giant Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company has seen continued strength in sales and earnings, with solid gains recorded for the Q2 and H1 2002. Earnings per share (EPS) were up 11% for the Q2 and 9% for the H1 over the year ago periods on overall sales gains of 15% for the quarter and 11% year to date. The sales gains were driven by strong worldwide shipment growth of 8% for the Q2 and 7% for the H1.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival