USA: Wrigley seeks sales growth through medicinal-gum
Seeking growth in the stagnant US chewing gum market, 109-year-old major player Wm. Wrigley Jr. Co. is embarking on its first medicinal-gum venture with Surpass. Containing antacids, Surpass is intended to take Wrigley into the profitable pharmaceutical aisle, where other gums containing aspirin or antacids already exist. The market is large enough for the producers to co-exist however, and Wrigley has now formed a health care division with the intention of exploring other possibilities for medicinal gum.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid