USA: Wrigley seeks sales growth through medicinal-gum
Seeking growth in the stagnant US chewing gum market, 109-year-old major player Wm. Wrigley Jr. Co. is embarking on its first medicinal-gum venture with Surpass. Containing antacids, Surpass is intended to take Wrigley into the profitable pharmaceutical aisle, where other gums containing aspirin or antacids already exist. The market is large enough for the producers to co-exist however, and Wrigley has now formed a health care division with the intention of exploring other possibilities for medicinal gum.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti