USA: Wrigley seeks sales growth through medicinal-gum
Seeking growth in the stagnant US chewing gum market, 109-year-old major player Wm. Wrigley Jr. Co. is embarking on its first medicinal-gum venture with Surpass. Containing antacids, Surpass is intended to take Wrigley into the profitable pharmaceutical aisle, where other gums containing aspirin or antacids already exist. The market is large enough for the producers to co-exist however, and Wrigley has now formed a health care division with the intention of exploring other possibilities for medicinal gum.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega