USA: Wrigley seeks sales growth through medicinal-gum
Seeking growth in the stagnant US chewing gum market, 109-year-old major player Wm. Wrigley Jr. Co. is embarking on its first medicinal-gum venture with Surpass. Containing antacids, Surpass is intended to take Wrigley into the profitable pharmaceutical aisle, where other gums containing aspirin or antacids already exist. The market is large enough for the producers to co-exist however, and Wrigley has now formed a health care division with the intention of exploring other possibilities for medicinal gum.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action