USA: Wrigley sweet on chocolate (COMMENT)
Although the Hershey battle is over, Wrigley has admitted it's looking for other targets to bolster its position in the confectionery industry. Wrigley is the leading gum player with a 50% global market share, but it wants to expand into chocolate. As the confectionery industry consolidates into a handful of giants, Wrigley would do well to establish itself among this concentrated group.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti