USA: Wrigley sweet on chocolate (COMMENT)
Although the Hershey battle is over, Wrigley has admitted it's looking for other targets to bolster its position in the confectionery industry. Wrigley is the leading gum player with a 50% global market share, but it wants to expand into chocolate. As the confectionery industry consolidates into a handful of giants, Wrigley would do well to establish itself among this concentrated group.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw