US: Wrigley targets adults with Alert caffeine gum
Alert Energy Caffeine Gum is available in mint or fruit flavour
Alert Energy Caffeine Gum is designed to appeal to an older audience of 25-49 year olds who want a "portable energy product" that lets them control their caffeine intake, Wrigley said.
Available in two variants: Fruit or Mint, the gum contains 40mg of caffeine, the equivalent of half a cup of coffee.
Wrigley says the gum has a bitter taste, like drinking coffee or other energy products, but says consumers tell them it is what they expect from energy products.
The gum line will be available in select stores from April with full distribution expected by summer. Each pack has eight hexagonal pellets, with an RRP of US$2.99.
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- Kerry Group launches Pure free-from meals in UK