US: Wrigley targets adults with Alert caffeine gum
Alert Energy Caffeine Gum is available in mint or fruit flavour
Alert Energy Caffeine Gum is designed to appeal to an older audience of 25-49 year olds who want a "portable energy product" that lets them control their caffeine intake, Wrigley said.
Available in two variants: Fruit or Mint, the gum contains 40mg of caffeine, the equivalent of half a cup of coffee.
Wrigley says the gum has a bitter taste, like drinking coffee or other energy products, but says consumers tell them it is what they expect from energy products.
The gum line will be available in select stores from April with full distribution expected by summer. Each pack has eight hexagonal pellets, with an RRP of US$2.99.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report