US: Wrigley targets adults with Alert caffeine gum
Alert Energy Caffeine Gum is available in mint or fruit flavour
Alert Energy Caffeine Gum is designed to appeal to an older audience of 25-49 year olds who want a "portable energy product" that lets them control their caffeine intake, Wrigley said.
Available in two variants: Fruit or Mint, the gum contains 40mg of caffeine, the equivalent of half a cup of coffee.
Wrigley says the gum has a bitter taste, like drinking coffee or other energy products, but says consumers tell them it is what they expect from energy products.
The gum line will be available in select stores from April with full distribution expected by summer. Each pack has eight hexagonal pellets, with an RRP of US$2.99.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The Wrigley acquisition of 2008 continues to add value to Mars’s presence in the emerging markets, notably in China. While its presence in gum lends itself well to the push towards healthier eating, i...
The dominant player in gum, The Wrigley Co (NZ), continued to launch innovative new products in both 2011 and 2012. This included New Zealand’s first calcium-fortified gum, Wrigley’s Extra Professiona...
Gum continued to benefit from strong activities by different companies in 2012. A number of different companies including The Wrigley Co and Perfetti Van Melle Group engaged in various in-store promot...
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious