US: Wrigley targets adults with Alert caffeine gum
Alert Energy Caffeine Gum is available in mint or fruit flavour
Alert Energy Caffeine Gum is designed to appeal to an older audience of 25-49 year olds who want a "portable energy product" that lets them control their caffeine intake, Wrigley said.
Available in two variants: Fruit or Mint, the gum contains 40mg of caffeine, the equivalent of half a cup of coffee.
Wrigley says the gum has a bitter taste, like drinking coffee or other energy products, but says consumers tell them it is what they expect from energy products.
The gum line will be available in select stores from April with full distribution expected by summer. Each pack has eight hexagonal pellets, with an RRP of US$2.99.
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report