US: Wrigley tests out coffee gum popularity
Wm Wrigley has executed a limited launch for a coffee-flavoured chewing gum in the US called Doublemint Kona Crème.
The gum, on sale at 7-Eleven stores in the country, is retailing at GBP0.99 per 17-stick pack, according to the Chicago Sun Times.
The company's Wrigley's Coffee Gum has reportedly been a success since it was launched in China last year.
Wrigley is testing the water before a possible wider launch for Doublemint Kona Crème, but was unavailable for comment when contacted by just-food.
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Briefing: Tokyo plans to double food exports
- Briefing: Expansion agenda of Japan's food majors
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- Campbell Soup's Plum division to pull out of UK
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Japan's Sanyo takes stake in Olam's food biz