US: Wrigley tests out coffee gum popularity
Wm Wrigley has executed a limited launch for a coffee-flavoured chewing gum in the US called Doublemint Kona Crème.
The gum, on sale at 7-Eleven stores in the country, is retailing at GBP0.99 per 17-stick pack, according to the Chicago Sun Times.
The company's Wrigley's Coffee Gum has reportedly been a success since it was launched in China last year.
Wrigley is testing the water before a possible wider launch for Doublemint Kona Crème, but was unavailable for comment when contacted by just-food.
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- DATA: The just-food international basket - Q2 2014
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- Glanbia to buy US sports nutrition firm Isopure
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble