USA: Wrigley's - something to chew on - COMMENT
Gum giant Wrigley's Q1 sales grew by 12%. The world's largest chewing gum manufacturer also saw earnings rise by 9.3%. These gains underline the success of several newly launched products, which came despite a stagnant US gum market. Thanks to its strategy of innovation, Wrigley's is sitting pretty while other packaged goods firms struggle with higher costs and few growth opportunities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning