USA: Wrigley's - something to chew on - COMMENT
Gum giant Wrigley's Q1 sales grew by 12%. The world's largest chewing gum manufacturer also saw earnings rise by 9.3%. These gains underline the success of several newly launched products, which came despite a stagnant US gum market. Thanks to its strategy of innovation, Wrigley's is sitting pretty while other packaged goods firms struggle with higher costs and few growth opportunities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant