USA: Wrigley's - something to chew on - COMMENT
Gum giant Wrigley's Q1 sales grew by 12%. The world's largest chewing gum manufacturer also saw earnings rise by 9.3%. These gains underline the success of several newly launched products, which came despite a stagnant US gum market. Thanks to its strategy of innovation, Wrigley's is sitting pretty while other packaged goods firms struggle with higher costs and few growth opportunities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods