USA: Wrigley's - something to chew on - COMMENT
Gum giant Wrigley's Q1 sales grew by 12%. The world's largest chewing gum manufacturer also saw earnings rise by 9.3%. These gains underline the success of several newly launched products, which came despite a stagnant US gum market. Thanks to its strategy of innovation, Wrigley's is sitting pretty while other packaged goods firms struggle with higher costs and few growth opportunities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti