EU/USA: WTO sets up panel to investigate EU biotech policy
The World Trade Organisation has said it has set up a dispute panel to investigate the complaint made by Argentina, Canada and the US against the European Union's policy on genetically modified foods. "I can confirm that a single panel was established for the complaints brought by the US, Argentina and Canada," a spokesman for the US mission to the WTO was quoted by Agence France-Presse as saying.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Hershey confident in NPD pipeline
- Chobani bid for fresh UK appeal rejected
- Kellogg to close US snack plant
- Danone takes Mars yoghurts into more markets
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS
- Danone UK ad banned over unauthorised claims