EU/USA: WTO sets up panel to investigate EU biotech policy
The World Trade Organisation has said it has set up a dispute panel to investigate the complaint made by Argentina, Canada and the US against the European Union's policy on genetically modified foods. "I can confirm that a single panel was established for the complaints brought by the US, Argentina and Canada," a spokesman for the US mission to the WTO was quoted by Agence France-Presse as saying.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- B&G to acquire Green Giant from General Mills
- Cheese maker Entremont moves into frozen food
- Mondelez opens line at Poland chocolate plant