CHINA: Wumart H1 profits climb
- Net profit climbs 0.5%
- Sales up 7.2%
Wumart saw its profits climb in the first half of the year
Chinese retailer Wumart Stores has booked an increase in first-half profits.
In the six months to the end of June, earnings edged up by 0.5% to reach CNY338.6bn (US$53.3m), the retailer said this week.
Net sales in the period amounted to CNY8.57bn, a 7.2% increase on the prior year period.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw