RUSSIA: X5 sales driven by discount format
X5 Retail Group, Russia's largest retailer by sales, reported an 8.3% rise in net sales for fiscal 2012, driven by higher revenues at the group's discount formats.
The company said net sales for the year grew to RUB490.09bn (US$16.2bn) in the 12 month period. Fourth-quarter sales growth accelerated slightly, up 8.6% on the year.
The rise in sales was primarily driven by sales growth at discounters, convenience and supermarket growth lagged slightly. The company said growth reflected store openings, an improved performance from maturing stores and promotional activity. However, hypermarket sales continued to decline, the group added.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020