SOUTH KOREA: Xylitol gum sales on rise, Lotte says
South Korea's Lotte Confectionery Co. said its Xylitol gum is showing steady sales growth despite competition from rival confectioners Orion , which recently introduced its own xylitol gum. In November and December last year, the company grossed 3bn won (US$2.3m) respectively from the sales of the gum. "Xylose-based Xylitol gum continues to gain popularity and we expect to gross 5bn won (US$3.9m) in sales per month in the future," said a Lotte employee said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action