CHINA: Yakult confirms plans for fourth Chinese plant
Yakult's new facility is expected to start production in the spring of 2014
Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. has invested in its fourth production facility in China.
The plant will be located in Guangzhou, Yakult's second in the city, which is in the east of the country.
Production is scheduled to start in the spring of 2014. The company said it expects production capacity to begin at 800,000 units per day, with a potential for 2m per day at maximum capacity.
The investment is a result of the company growing its business in the Guangdong and Hainan provinces, it said. The plant will serve both provinces. Financial details of the investment were not disclosed.
The company revealed plans to further expand in emerging markets including China, India and Brazil in July last year.
The second Guangzhou plant will mean Yakult will have four production facilities in China. Its two other plants are located in Shanghai and Tianjin.
Danone and Japanese probiotic drinks group Yakult Honsha have ended a long-standing alliance and replaced it with a looser "cooperation framework"....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports/Energy Foods, and Sports/Energy Drinks....
Danone has confirmed it will not make a hostile move to up its stake in Japanese probiotic drinks group Yakult Honsha....
This report analyzes the Global market for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Supplements in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Amino Acids/Derivatives, Herbal Products, Prohormones, Vitamins/Mi...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report