CHINA: Yakult confirms plans for fourth Chinese plant
Yakult's new facility is expected to start production in the spring of 2014
Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. has invested in its fourth production facility in China.
The plant will be located in Guangzhou, Yakult's second in the city, which is in the east of the country.
Production is scheduled to start in the spring of 2014. The company said it expects production capacity to begin at 800,000 units per day, with a potential for 2m per day at maximum capacity.
The investment is a result of the company growing its business in the Guangdong and Hainan provinces, it said. The plant will serve both provinces. Financial details of the investment were not disclosed.
The company revealed plans to further expand in emerging markets including China, India and Brazil in July last year.
The second Guangzhou plant will mean Yakult will have four production facilities in China. Its two other plants are located in Shanghai and Tianjin.
Danone and Japanese probiotic drinks group Yakult Honsha have ended a long-standing alliance and replaced it with a looser "cooperation framework"....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports/Energy Foods, and Sports/Energy Drinks....
Danone has confirmed it will not make a hostile move to up its stake in Japanese probiotic drinks group Yakult Honsha....
This report analyzes the Global market for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Supplements in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Amino Acids/Derivatives, Herbal Products, Prohormones, Vitamins/Mi...
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- Focus: Progress but Campbell faces questions
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK