JAPAN: Yakult Honsha books Q2 profit decline
- Net profit slides 13.4%
- Operating profit falls 17.8%
- Net sales climb 1.2%
Yakult Honsha Co. said foreign exchange hit profits
Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. said foreign exchange hit profits in the second quarter of its fiscal year.
In the three months to the end of September, net profit slid 13.4% to JPY5.9bn (US$74.3m). Operating profit fell 17.8% to JPY9.3bn.
Net sales, however, climbed 1.2% to reach JPY160.3bn.
Yakult, meanwhile, is busy expanding its presence in emerging markets and this week confirmed it will build a fourth plant in China.
Danone and Japanese probiotic drinks group Yakult Honsha have ended a long-standing alliance and replaced it with a looser "cooperation framework"....
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- PepsiCo underlines the challenge on health
- Hershey's long-term confidence on China
- Arla to launch protein dairy drink in UK
- Pork Farms' Kerry pastry deal nears green light
- Hershey cuts sales forecast on forex and China
- Bongrain investors approve name change
- BRF in JV with UK foodservice firm Invicta