JAPAN: Yakult Honsha books Q2 profit decline
- Net profit slides 13.4%
- Operating profit falls 17.8%
- Net sales climb 1.2%
Yakult Honsha Co. said foreign exchange hit profits
Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. said foreign exchange hit profits in the second quarter of its fiscal year.
In the three months to the end of September, net profit slid 13.4% to JPY5.9bn (US$74.3m). Operating profit fell 17.8% to JPY9.3bn.
Net sales, however, climbed 1.2% to reach JPY160.3bn.
Yakult, meanwhile, is busy expanding its presence in emerging markets and this week confirmed it will build a fourth plant in China.
The movement of mergers and acquisitions in milk such as the merger between Bom Gosto and LeitBom as part of a strategy to increase production capacity and improve production efficiency to reduce cost...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Functional Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Cereals and Grains, Beverages, Dairy Products, Snacks, and Other Functional...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports/Energy Foods, and Sports/Energy Drinks....
This report analyzes the Global market for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Supplements in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Amino Acids/Derivatives, Herbal Products, Prohormones, Vitamins/Mi...
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Dr Oetker to buy McCain North America pizza arm
- Nestle makes "major pledge" on animal welfare
- Research: the new strategies for convenience food
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt