JAPAN: Yakult Honsha books Q2 profit decline
- Net profit slides 13.4%
- Operating profit falls 17.8%
- Net sales climb 1.2%
Yakult Honsha Co. said foreign exchange hit profits
Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. said foreign exchange hit profits in the second quarter of its fiscal year.
In the three months to the end of September, net profit slid 13.4% to JPY5.9bn (US$74.3m). Operating profit fell 17.8% to JPY9.3bn.
Net sales, however, climbed 1.2% to reach JPY160.3bn.
Yakult, meanwhile, is busy expanding its presence in emerging markets and this week confirmed it will build a fourth plant in China.
Danone and Japanese probiotic drinks group Yakult Honsha have ended a long-standing alliance and replaced it with a looser "cooperation framework"....
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details