JAPAN: Yakult Honsha books Q2 profit decline
- Net profit slides 13.4%
- Operating profit falls 17.8%
- Net sales climb 1.2%
Yakult Honsha Co. said foreign exchange hit profits
Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. said foreign exchange hit profits in the second quarter of its fiscal year.
In the three months to the end of September, net profit slid 13.4% to JPY5.9bn (US$74.3m). Operating profit fell 17.8% to JPY9.3bn.
Net sales, however, climbed 1.2% to reach JPY160.3bn.
Yakult, meanwhile, is busy expanding its presence in emerging markets and this week confirmed it will build a fourth plant in China.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports/Energy Foods, and Sports/Energy Drinks....
This report analyzes the Global market for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Supplements in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Amino Acids/Derivatives, Herbal Products, Prohormones, Vitamins/Mi...
Danone and Japanese probiotic drinks group Yakult Honsha have ended a long-standing alliance and replaced it with a looser "cooperation framework"....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Emerging markets online: India's food retail scene
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Monde Nissin "to acquire Menora"
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019