JAPAN: Yakult Honsha books Q2 profit decline
- Net profit slides 13.4%
- Operating profit falls 17.8%
- Net sales climb 1.2%
Yakult Honsha Co. said foreign exchange hit profits
Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. said foreign exchange hit profits in the second quarter of its fiscal year.
In the three months to the end of September, net profit slid 13.4% to JPY5.9bn (US$74.3m). Operating profit fell 17.8% to JPY9.3bn.
Net sales, however, climbed 1.2% to reach JPY160.3bn.
Yakult, meanwhile, is busy expanding its presence in emerging markets and this week confirmed it will build a fourth plant in China.
Danone and Japanese probiotic drinks group Yakult Honsha have ended a long-standing alliance and replaced it with a looser "cooperation framework"....
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- What should you learn from 2015 olive oil prices?
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US
- Unilever launches dairy-free Ben & Jerry's in US
- Premier Foods launches "first" American wet sauces