JAPAN: Yakult Honsha books Q2 profit decline
- Net profit slides 13.4%
- Operating profit falls 17.8%
- Net sales climb 1.2%
Yakult Honsha Co. said foreign exchange hit profits
Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. said foreign exchange hit profits in the second quarter of its fiscal year.
In the three months to the end of September, net profit slid 13.4% to JPY5.9bn (US$74.3m). Operating profit fell 17.8% to JPY9.3bn.
Net sales, however, climbed 1.2% to reach JPY160.3bn.
Yakult, meanwhile, is busy expanding its presence in emerging markets and this week confirmed it will build a fourth plant in China.
Danone and Japanese probiotic drinks group Yakult Honsha have ended a long-standing alliance and replaced it with a looser "cooperation framework"....
- 10 things to learn: Campbell's plans for growth
- On the money: Unilever aims to get food growing
- Mead Johnson wrestles "irrational" Chinese market
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- Will Bonduelle swoop for Green Giant?
- Hain Celestial buys plant-based food firm Mona
- UPDATE: Danone merges Dumex with Mengniu
- Danone eyes "return to growth" in fresh dairy
- Unilever sees growth in food, refreshments
- US House passes anti-GMO labelling bill