JAPAN: Yamazaki to acquire 60% stake in Tohato
According to a report in the Japanese Times, Yamazaki Banking intends to make a bid for a 60% stake in struggling confectioner Tohato. Were the deal to go through, Yamazaki, with its food manufacturing subsidy Yamazaki-Nabisco, would become the second largest snack food and confectionary manufacturer in Japan, after Calbee Foods.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
Today I can offer you 30 days access for $1 - PLUS a free copy of the 174-page eBook ‘Food For Thought’, worth $34.99.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- Hovis "mulls Irish Pride Bakeries takeover"
- JBS acquires Cargill's US pork unit
- North Castle acquires stake in Sprout
- US performance weighs on General Mills
- ABF's Kingsmill returns to Tesco