JAPAN: Yamazaki to acquire 60% stake in Tohato
According to a report in the Japanese Times, Yamazaki Banking intends to make a bid for a 60% stake in struggling confectioner Tohato. Were the deal to go through, Yamazaki, with its food manufacturing subsidy Yamazaki-Nabisco, would become the second largest snack food and confectionary manufacturer in Japan, after Calbee Foods.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill