CANADA: Yoghurt firm Chobani "working" on Canadian plans
US yoghurt firm Chobani has said it is looking to start production in Canada but has yet to finalise the investment project.
Chobani manufactures Greek yoghurt and has dominated the fast-growing category in the US and speculation emerged last week it was advertising for production posts north of the border for a potential plant in Ontario.
A spokesperson for Chobani in New York said the company was in talks with officials in the city of Kingston in eastern Ontario. However, she told just-food Chobani had yet to finalise its plans and could not definitely say it would start production in the country.
"As Chobani's Canadian production plans are still a work in progress, we are unable to share current details or confirm our commitment to building a plant in Kingston. As I'm sure you know, an announcement of this scale requires a sizeable amount of planning and logistics. We continue to work closely with all levels of government and the supportive teams at the City of Kingston and the Kingston Economic Development Corporation," she said. "We will share any further news or updates as soon as we are able."
General Mills, which has struggled to grow its US yoghurt brands, said yesterday (30 May) it would look to marketing and innovation to revitalise sales in the increasingly promotional category....
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Campaigners attack UK child obesity plan
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights