CANADA: Yoghurt firm Chobani "working" on Canadian plans
US yoghurt firm Chobani has said it is looking to start production in Canada but has yet to finalise the investment project.
Chobani manufactures Greek yoghurt and has dominated the fast-growing category in the US and speculation emerged last week it was advertising for production posts north of the border for a potential plant in Ontario.
A spokesperson for Chobani in New York said the company was in talks with officials in the city of Kingston in eastern Ontario. However, she told just-food Chobani had yet to finalise its plans and could not definitely say it would start production in the country.
"As Chobani's Canadian production plans are still a work in progress, we are unable to share current details or confirm our commitment to building a plant in Kingston. As I'm sure you know, an announcement of this scale requires a sizeable amount of planning and logistics. We continue to work closely with all levels of government and the supportive teams at the City of Kingston and the Kingston Economic Development Corporation," she said. "We will share any further news or updates as soon as we are able."
General Mills, which has struggled to grow its US yoghurt brands, said yesterday (30 May) it would look to marketing and innovation to revitalise sales in the increasingly promotional category....
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis