ITALY: Yomo yoghurt giant spins off logistics operations, seeks distribution partner
Yomo, Italy's main yoghurt company (2001 sales forecast at Lit600bn (US$280.3m)), is spinning off its elaborate logistics operations and searching a European distribution partner. Yomo -- also active in milk, cheese, sauces, vegetables, salami and pasta -- said the new company to handle logistics will also be quoted on the Stock Exchange. The group hopes to find a major European or Italian outfit with extensive operations in hauling fresh products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife