FRANCE: Yoplait appoints new MD
French fresh dairy products producer Yoplait has appointed Lucien Fa as its new managing director.
Fa, who had been with Danone in 1981, has spent the past six years as head of the food giant's HP Foods and Lea and Perrins brands.
He will replace Didier Lefèvre who has been at Yoplait's helm since 2000 .
Staff unions have voiced fears that the appointment of Fa is the prelude to a restructuring programme.
Yoplait employs 3,000 staff in Europe, of which 2,200 are based at four plants in France.
It posted a turnover last year of €1.05bn (US$1.03bn).
Yoplait is jointly owned by French cooperative group Sodiaal and investment fund, PAI Management which took a 50% shareholding in the company earlier this year.
By Stuart Todd, just-food.com correspondent
French food company Groupe Danone, the subject of takeover speculation, has reported a rise in sales in the first half of 2005 to €6.437bn (US$7.8bn), compared with 6.257bn a year ago....
The French government is concerned by the possibility of a hostile takeover of dairy company Danone, and would defend French interests in that regard, said prime minister Dominique de Villepin, accord...
Dairy food group Danone has appointed group secretary general Philippe-Loïc Jacob and vice-president R&D Sven Thormahlen to the Groupe Danone executive committee, in a move designed to ensure that all...
French food group Danone said on Monday that it planned to sell its Amoy sauce business in Asia, an asset that wasn't part of the sale of its sauce business to H J Heinz, according to the Dow Jones ne...
Biscuit-maker Poult has acquired Brittany-based family firm Panier Tanguy to become France's second biggest biscuit producer in the sector behind Danone's LU and the leading manufacturer of retailers'...
Danone's French biscuit-making and cereal products arm, LU France, has signed a lease agreement with distribution facilities and services provider ProLogis to occupy two warehouses near Paris and Lyon...
HP Foods, maker of HP and Lea & Perrins sauces, has attracted at least three offers, valuing the company at up to £500m (US$906m), according to the Financial Times....
France's Groupe Danone and Japan's Yakult Honsha have today (Tuesday) announced plans for a joint venture in India....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Pladis stepping up growth investments
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report