FRANCE: Yoplait head says Nestle "ideal" partner
The CEO of French dairy manufacturer Yoplait has described Nestle as its "ideal" partner
Lucien Fa, the CEO of Yoplait, told Swiss publication Le Matin Dimanche that Nestle has the "money, structures and people" and would be an "ally" to reduce the gap between it and Danone.
He added that the company wants to "conquer" a number of major international markets including India, China and Brazil.
He said the company would make a "radical change" in strategy and added: "We'll make a break with the past franchise system and approach these markets by participating in the operations with local partners. This means big investment, especially in China and India, our priorities".
Yoplait is 50/50 owned by private-equity group PAI Partners and French dairy co-operative Sodiaal. PAI Partners has been looking to offload its 50% stake in Yoplait, although Sodiaal has indicated it has no intention of selling its shares.
The surprise announcement that Dave West would be quitting as Hershey chief executive hit the US chocolate giant's shares and brought uncertainty to a company that has enjoyed something of a revival i...
The top headlines on just-food had a meaty flavour this week, with news of Cargill's local merger with Australian beef processor Teys Bros, Tyson Foods' half-year numbers and a look at how the UK and ...
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Unilever sets packaging target