UK: Yoplait launches Night Garden kids desserts
Yoplait is launching a fromage frais branded with the popular children's programme In the Night Garden, after signing a licensing deal with BBC Worldwide.
In the Night Garden is currently one of the top children's licences in the UK, Ypolait said today (13 January), and the new product will feature two of the TV show's characters, Igglepiggle and Upsy Daisy.
"Yoplait has proven that strong licences can be very successful in the chilled yoghurts and desserts category - we find that all of our licensed properties are bucking current trends of decline in the kids licence market to achieve positive growth," said Kathleen Wright, group brand manager, Yoplait.
Available from this month, In the Night Garden fromage frais has an RRP of GBP1.15 (US$1.67) for a six-pack of 50g pots - two strawberry, two raspberry and two peach.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth