UK: Young's Bluecrest acquires Albert Fisher chilled seafood business
Young's Bluecrest Seafood (YBS) has successfully acquired the Gosforth (Newcastle) based chilled seafood operation of the Albert Fisher Group. The move accelerates Young's strategy for growth and gives it leadership of the UK chilled seafood market. Wynne Griffiths, CEO of YBS, said: "We are absolutely delighted to have succeeded in acquiring Gosforth, which will prove a valuable asset in our drive to develop the UK seafood market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action