UK: Young's Bluecrest acquires Albert Fisher chilled seafood business
Young's Bluecrest Seafood (YBS) has successfully acquired the Gosforth (Newcastle) based chilled seafood operation of the Albert Fisher Group. The move accelerates Young's strategy for growth and gives it leadership of the UK chilled seafood market. Wynne Griffiths, CEO of YBS, said: "We are absolutely delighted to have succeeded in acquiring Gosforth, which will prove a valuable asset in our drive to develop the UK seafood market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units