UK: Young's Bluecrest acquires Albert Fisher chilled seafood business
Young's Bluecrest Seafood (YBS) has successfully acquired the Gosforth (Newcastle) based chilled seafood operation of the Albert Fisher Group. The move accelerates Young's strategy for growth and gives it leadership of the UK chilled seafood market. Wynne Griffiths, CEO of YBS, said: "We are absolutely delighted to have succeeded in acquiring Gosforth, which will prove a valuable asset in our drive to develop the UK seafood market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk