UK: Young's Bluecrest Seafood acquires Marr Foods
UK seafood firm Young's Bluecrest Seafood has announced its successful acquisition of the Pinegain Group, which includes UK seafood processor Marr Foods, for an undisclosed sum. Young's said the acquisition reflected continuing growth in the British appetite for fish. The UK seafood market is currently worth £1.7bn (US$2.8bn) and has demonstrated volume growth of 19% since 1999, the company said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO