UK: Young's Bluecrest to be sold to Canadian firm?
Britain's oldest seafood brand, Young's Bluecrest , could soon be sold to one of two suitors for up to £150m (US$210.8m). Established in 1805, 70% of the company was sold to Legal & General Ventures in 1999. LGV has now revealed its intention to sell the stake however, and has short listed two venture-capital firms as potential buyers. The forerunner is believed to be
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China