CANADA: Yves Veggie Cuisine recalls GM-contaminated Veggie Bacon
The Wall Street Journal on 5 April revealed that soy, contaminated with the Genetically Modified Monsanto "RoundUp Ready" variety, was found in a "non-GMO" product, Veggie Bacon by Yves Veggie Cuisine. Yves Veggie Cuisine have today confirmed that they have withdrawn from sale all contaminated product and have provided their retailers with replacement product which is truly "non-GMO".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project