JAPAN: Zen-Noh Chicken Foods under investigation on mislabelling
Earlier today [Monday] a chicken processor in Saitama Prefecture was searched by police after management admitted to selling imported chicken as domestic. The mislabelling incident comes hot on the heels of a similar scandal involving beleaguered Japanese meat processor Snow Brand Foods, which labelled imported beef as domestic produce in order to benefit from government BSE subsidies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea