Zertus' Kinnerton expands Just chocolate range in UK
Kinnerton expands Just range
The company was selling one Just product - a sharing bar of dark chocolate - but has broadened the range, which now comprises a snack-sized dark chocolate bar, a chocolate orange bar and a box of mint chocolate disks. All products are free from dairy, egg, gluten and nut ingredients.
The additions to the range will be available at Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and Waitrose from next month.
Kinnerton is a major player in licenced confectionery in the UK, manufacturing products sold using TV and film characters including Thomas the Tank Engine, Peppa Pig and Star Wars. It also manufactures private-label lines for retailers.
Asked if Kinnerton was looking to expand the proportion of its annual sales generated by the Just brand, a spokesperson said: "Kinnerton own brands are a big part of what Kinnerton do and they are continuously expanding their range. Kinnerton has an ambition to grow year-on-year and are confident their own brands will help contribute towards this."
The sharing dark chocolate bar has an RSP of GBP1.50 (US$1.97) for an 85g bar. The new, snack-size 25g bar has a recommended price of GBP0.65, as does the chocolate orange variety. The box of chocolate disks, sold in a 120g pack, has a recommended price of GBP5.
Kinnerton, set up in 1978, was acquired by UK business Zetar in 2005. In 2012, the privately-owned Zertus swooped to buy Zetar in a deal that, at the time, valued the UK business at GBP43m.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods