CHINA: Zhongpin to build distribution centre
Chinese meat and food group Zhongpin has started to build a cold-chain distribution centre in Changge, Henan province.
The site will have a 25,000 square metre multi-temperature hybrid refrigeration facility, quality assurance centres and a fresh food processing and sorting plant.
The facility will provide processing, storage, and distribution services.
Zhongpin said it will spend about US$16.2m on the site, which should be completed and begin production in December.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre