Latest food news & analysis in Africa
US cereal giant Kellogg announced earlier this week it has entered into a joint venture agreement to step up its presence in Africa. Kellogg...
The rise in the incidence of child labour in west African cocoa production detailed in last week's report from Tulane University is a disapp...
The report from Tulane University into the use of child labour in cocoa production in Côte d'Ivoire and Ghana, published last week, revealed...
French cheese giant Bel Group has made a rare acquisition in an emerging market with a deal to buy a majority stake in Safilait, the third-l...
The importance of expanding in emerging markets is a constant message from Nestle, a company that has one of the industry's largest footprints in the developing world. While Nestle is expanding in high-growth markets like China, the world's largest food group is looking beyond the BRICs as it establishes a presence in every quarter of the globe. In this month's just-food interview, Katy Askew spoke to the chief executive of Nestle's operations in equatorial Africa, Ian Donald, to discover how the company is working to drive long-term growth in the region.
As it looks to expand international revenues, Kraft Foods has developed a strategy that focuses on building its business in ten "priority markets" around the world. South Africa was recently added to Kraft's emerging markets hit list and, in this month's just-food interview, Katy Humphries spoke to Sean Murphy, MD of Kraft's operations in southern Africa, about the group's plans for growth in the region.
Country Bird Holdings' bid to buy fellow South African poultry group Sovereign Food Investments has taken a fresh twist, with the takeover target claiming its suitor's move to change a key condition of its bid is illegal.
South African poultry group Astral Foods has warned that both headline earnings and earnings per share for the 12 months ending 30 September will be down between 50% and 70% compared to the previous year.
South African food group Clover Industries said that its strategy to balance its portfolio by expanding in value-added dairy continued to "gain traction" this year.
South African poultry processor Quantum Foods Holdings is to acquire Mozambique-based commercial producer and seller of eggs Galovos.
Algerian dairy firm Tchin Lait, a franchisee of France's Sodiaal group subsidiary Candia, has expanded production with the opening of a new UHT facility in the capital city of Algiers.
RCL Foods, the South African food group, has warned the country's poultry industry is in "crisis", with the company admitting it is weighing up "all options" as it looks at its own business in the sector.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- How PepsiCo is taking action on palm oil
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- MP calls for probe into Bernard Matthews "sale"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report