Latest food news & analysis in Africa
News the South African offices of Unilever and Sime Darby were raided by competition authorities this week comes as a further evidence that...
The appointment of former Tesco UK chief Richard Brasher as Pick n Pay's new CEO last week may not be enough to turn around the fortunes of...
Having seen strong and resilient growth in established developed markets, the Fairtrade movement is increasingly turning its attention to 'S...
Olam International's acquisition of Nigerian dairy group Kayass highlights the growing investment in the country. The move contributes to Ol...
The importance of expanding in emerging markets is a constant message from Nestle, a company that has one of the industry's largest footprints in the developing world. While Nestle is expanding in high-growth markets like China, the world's largest food group is looking beyond the BRICs as it establishes a presence in every quarter of the globe. In this month's just-food interview, Katy Askew spoke to the chief executive of Nestle's operations in equatorial Africa, Ian Donald, to discover how the company is working to drive long-term growth in the region.
As it looks to expand international revenues, Kraft Foods has developed a strategy that focuses on building its business in ten "priority markets" around the world. South Africa was recently added to Kraft's emerging markets hit list and, in this month's just-food interview, Katy Humphries spoke to Sean Murphy, MD of Kraft's operations in southern Africa, about the group's plans for growth in the region.
Mondelez International is considering starting to manufacture its Oreo brand at two production facilities in Morocco.
South African food group Tiger Brands, which has recalled products over concerns they could contain carcinogenic ingredients, has issued an apology to consumers who have eaten the affected lines.
South African food group Tiger Brands has recalled batches of Simply Delicious products over concerns they could contain carcinogenic ingredients.
The EU and the East African Community (EAC) have finalised a comprehensive agreement to boost trade, including of food products, between their regions.
South African dairy processor Clover Industries has had its bid to buy the yoghurt and milk operations of local rival DairyBelle approved by competition officials - with a condition.
UAE-based private equity firm, The Abraaj Group, has acquired a majority stake in South African food and personal care goods manufacturer Liberty Star.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Supermarkets in China
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report