Latest food news & analysis in Africa
The rise in the incidence of child labour in west African cocoa production detailed in last week's report from Tulane University is a disapp...
The report from Tulane University into the use of child labour in cocoa production in Côte d'Ivoire and Ghana, published last week, revealed...
French cheese giant Bel Group has made a rare acquisition in an emerging market with a deal to buy a majority stake in Safilait, the third-l...
News the South African offices of Unilever and Sime Darby were raided by competition authorities this week comes as a further evidence that...
The importance of expanding in emerging markets is a constant message from Nestle, a company that has one of the industry's largest footprints in the developing world. While Nestle is expanding in high-growth markets like China, the world's largest food group is looking beyond the BRICs as it establishes a presence in every quarter of the globe. In this month's just-food interview, Katy Askew spoke to the chief executive of Nestle's operations in equatorial Africa, Ian Donald, to discover how the company is working to drive long-term growth in the region.
As it looks to expand international revenues, Kraft Foods has developed a strategy that focuses on building its business in ten "priority markets" around the world. South Africa was recently added to Kraft's emerging markets hit list and, in this month's just-food interview, Katy Humphries spoke to Sean Murphy, MD of Kraft's operations in southern Africa, about the group's plans for growth in the region.
South African food company RCL Foods has reported a jump in earnings and sales for the full year.
Kellogg is reportedly set to call on South Africa's competition watchdog to block a proposed deal between local companies Pioneer Foods and Futurelife.
Arla is continuing its expansion in Africa with two more joint ventures in Nigeria and Senegal.
Rhodes Food Group's acquisition of fellow South African food company Deemster has received the all-clear from the country's competition watchdog.
Mondelez International has added to its Cadbury Dairy Milk range in South Africa with the launch of the "premium" line Silk.
General Mills' moves to review its production network is to take in markets outside the US, with plans to shut plants in South Africa and Taiwan.
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Arla H1 profits down on milk price slump
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies Market in Egypt: Market Profile to 2017