Latest food news & analysis in Africa
The gluten-free market has taken root quickest in markets in North America and western Europe but manufacturers looking for more business op...
US cereal giant Kellogg announced earlier this week it has entered into a joint venture agreement to step up its presence in Africa. Kellogg...
The rise in the incidence of child labour in west African cocoa production detailed in last week's report from Tulane University is a disapp...
The report from Tulane University into the use of child labour in cocoa production in Côte d'Ivoire and Ghana, published last week, revealed...
The importance of expanding in emerging markets is a constant message from Nestle, a company that has one of the industry's largest footprints in the developing world. While Nestle is expanding in high-growth markets like China, the world's largest food group is looking beyond the BRICs as it establishes a presence in every quarter of the globe. In this month's just-food interview, Katy Askew spoke to the chief executive of Nestle's operations in equatorial Africa, Ian Donald, to discover how the company is working to drive long-term growth in the region.
As it looks to expand international revenues, Kraft Foods has developed a strategy that focuses on building its business in ten "priority markets" around the world. South Africa was recently added to Kraft's emerging markets hit list and, in this month's just-food interview, Katy Humphries spoke to Sean Murphy, MD of Kraft's operations in southern Africa, about the group's plans for growth in the region.
Five edible oil companies operating in South Africa, including Singapore-based agri-food giant Wilmar International, have been raided as competition officials investigate claims of price-fixing.
Tunisia-based poultry company Poulina Group and Moroccan meat processor Casa Grains are to expand their production operations in their domestic markets.
South African dairy group Clover Industries is restructuring its business to increase its focus on value-added categories and limit its exposure to commoditised products.
Belgian ingredients firm Puratos has agreed to form a joint venture with South Africa-based foodservice group Bidcorp to develop new products targeting opportunities in South Africa's baking industry.
The government of Nigeria has signed a memorandum of understanding with local dairy company L&Z Integrated Dairy Farms in a bid to "develop" the local dairy sector by modernising practices employed by travelling Fulani herdsmen.
RCL Foods is to axe over 1,000 staff as the South African food group battles tough trading conditions in the country's poultry industry.
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report