Latest food news & analysis in Africa
News the South African offices of Unilever and Sime Darby were raided by competition authorities this week comes as a further evidence that...
The appointment of former Tesco UK chief Richard Brasher as Pick n Pay's new CEO last week may not be enough to turn around the fortunes of...
Having seen strong and resilient growth in established developed markets, the Fairtrade movement is increasingly turning its attention to 'S...
Olam International's acquisition of Nigerian dairy group Kayass highlights the growing investment in the country. The move contributes to Ol...
The importance of expanding in emerging markets is a constant message from Nestle, a company that has one of the industry's largest footprints in the developing world. While Nestle is expanding in high-growth markets like China, the world's largest food group is looking beyond the BRICs as it establishes a presence in every quarter of the globe. In this month's just-food interview, Katy Askew spoke to the chief executive of Nestle's operations in equatorial Africa, Ian Donald, to discover how the company is working to drive long-term growth in the region.
As it looks to expand international revenues, Kraft Foods has developed a strategy that focuses on building its business in ten "priority markets" around the world. South Africa was recently added to Kraft's emerging markets hit list and, in this month's just-food interview, Katy Humphries spoke to Sean Murphy, MD of Kraft's operations in southern Africa, about the group's plans for growth in the region.
French cheese maker Bel has acquired a majority interest in Moroccan dairy firm Safilait from private equity firms Fipar Holding and Sopar.
South Africa-based FMCG group Tiger Brands has revealed its business in Kenya saw "manipulation" of its profits in its last financial year.
Nestle is taking steps to shore up production at its South African infant formula business as power outages in the country hit production.
South Africa's Rhodes Food Group is to buy pastry and pie maker Saint Pie in a ZAR27m (US$2.2m) deal.
South Africa's Sovereign Food Investments is to acquire the Tydstroom Abbatoir from local company Quantum Foods.
Clover Industries' move for fellow South African dairy firm Nkunzi Milkway has been cleared - with conditions - by the country's competition authority.
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- How the Applegate acquisition will benefit Hormel
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Wal-Mart acts on animal welfare, antibiotics
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)