Latest food news & analysis in Asia
A fresh scandal has brought the sale of fraudulent infant formula in China to the fore once again in recent weeks. Mark Godfrey examines wha...
April saw Wal-Mart continue the expansion of its click-and-collect service in the US, while Kroger invested in a local retailer focused on n...
Taco Bell's bid to bring value to breakfast in the US, the potential roll-out of McDonald's all-day breakfast to other markets and the retur...
With strong fundamentals to support growth and a sizeable population there can be little doubt that the Indian market offers international f...
With tourism supporting growing demand for branded foods in Myanmar, the growing market offers international food makers a growth opportunity. However, the country - which has infrastructure and regulatory challenges - can also be difficult to navigate. just-food spoke to industry experts on the ground to find out more.
Devendra Chawla, group president for food, FMCG and brands at India's Future Group, has a clear view of how the Indian branded food sector is, and has been, developing. While Indian consumers love to try new products, they prefer them to be spiced with some familiar flavours from the past. Mini Pant Zachariah caught up with Chawla to learn more about his take on the evolution of the Indian palate.
Yoshimura Food Holdings has acquired 100% of the share capital in Japanese SME Pure Japanese Goods Co. for JPY455m.
Mars Incorporated, one of the world's largest food manufacturers, today (29 June) announced a "global strategic business partnership" with China-based online and mobile commerce firm the Alibaba Group.
Paraq Milk Foods, a leading Indian dairy company, continues to sales and earnings growth driven by a consolidated brand development strategy around its four key products: Gowardhan; Go; Topp Up; and Pride of Cows.
A campaign has been launched to reduce the consumption of meat products in China after the Chinese authorities issued new dietary guidelines calling on consumers to eat less meat.
ConAgra Foods Lamb Weston and its European partner Netherlands-based Meijer Frozen Foods have established a joint venture with Belaya Dacha to serve the Russian market.
Fast-growing Indian FMCG company Patanjali Ayurveda is to expand its presence in the dairy sector through the launch of a liquid milk product.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016