Latest food news & analysis in Asia
A free trade agreement initialled between the European Union and Vietnam last week, is set to stimulate trade for both the European and Viet...
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India has taken a hard line on Nestle's Maggi brand. But – with Nestle's strong international foo...
Last year, more than 400 local companies in Dongguan, a major manufacturing city in China's southerly Guangdong province, went bankrupt as C...
Mead Johnson's business in China has come under pressure and was a factor in the US infant formula group's profit warning earlier this month...
Like many Japanese food majors, soy sauce and seasonings group Kikkoman Corp. is battling an ageing domestic population. However, through innovation, Kikkoman is looking to meet changing consumer demand at home, while looking to expand further overseas. Julian Ryall met Kikkoman president and CEO Noriaki Horikiri to discuss the company's plans.
Indian dairy giant Amul is gearing up for growth. The company is preparing a push into the value-added nutraceuticals sector in India while, further afield, the co-operative intends to start manufacturing in Europe and Singapore by early 2016. Newly-appointed managing director Dr K Rathnam speaks to just-food about Amul's future.
Japanese conglomerate Mitsubishi Corp. is to buy 20% of Singapore-based agri-food group Olam International.
Thailand's Charoen Pokphand Foods has reportedly halved its target for annual sales growth on the back of the country's slowing economy.
Mengniu Dairy, the Chinese dairy group, has reported an increase in half-year profits despite lower sales amid efforts to reduce costs.
Hong Kong has put a temporary block on poultry meat and product imports from the Lao Cai Province in Vietnam on the back of bird flu fears.
A fall in sales at its private-label and contract manufacturing divisions has seen Chinese infant formula producer Ausnutria report lower sales and profits for the first six months of the year.
Indian FMCG giant ITC has become the subject of speculation over the lead content of noodles after reports food officials in Uttar Pradesh had found a batch contained excess levels of lead.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- General Mills to work on artificial ingredients
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020