Latest food news & analysis in Asia
Global retailers have continued to expand into emerging markets, in spite of the political and economic turbulence seen in many of these cou...
A free trade agreement initialled between the European Union and Vietnam last week, is set to stimulate trade for both the European and Viet...
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India has taken a hard line on Nestle's Maggi brand. But – with Nestle's strong international foo...
Last year, more than 400 local companies in Dongguan, a major manufacturing city in China's southerly Guangdong province, went bankrupt as C...
When unveiling its new name and corporate identity last week, seafood giant Thai Union Group placed sustainability at the heart of its agenda. Following her appointment as the company's group director of sustainable development, Dr Darian McBain spoke with Ben Cooper about Thai Union's approach to sustainability and aspirations for the future.
Like many Japanese food majors, soy sauce and seasonings group Kikkoman Corp. is battling an ageing domestic population. However, through innovation, Kikkoman is looking to meet changing consumer demand at home, while looking to expand further overseas. Julian Ryall met Kikkoman president and CEO Noriaki Horikiri to discuss the company's plans.
Indian dairy manufacturer Parag Milk Foods is preparing to launch an IPO.
Yili, the Chinese dairy giant, is teaming up with Cornell University to develop a cheese product for its domestic market.
Huishan Dairy Holdings Co. has questioned claims made by food safety officials in Hebei province that some of the Chinese firm's products contain excessive levels of sodium thiocyanate.
McCormick & Co.'s rice venture in India, Kohinoor Speciality Foods (KSF), has been rocked by a dispute over supplies to the unit.
Mondelez International has started to manufacture Oreo biscuits in Russia.
Bright Food & Dairy Co. has confirmed plans to invest CNY43.3bn in the development of an “ecological” dairy farm project.
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Indonesia: the key macro issues facing FMCG firms
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Mars to buy Mexican chocolate maker Grupo Turin
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015