Latest food news & analysis in Asia
China's largest dairy manufacturer China Mengniu Dairy has shrugged off investor concerns over margin pressure, insisting its strategy to ra...
New Zealand dairy giant Fonterra and Chinese baby food maker Beingmate are to form a joint venture to try to capitalise on the exponential g...
In a tit-for-tat move, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a year-long ban on on food imports from countries participating in the imp...
Universal Robina Corp. appears to have two main areas of focus for Griffin's Foods - launching the New Zealand snacks maker's products in so...
Indian dairy giant Amul is gearing up for growth. The company is preparing a push into the value-added nutraceuticals sector in India while, further afield, the co-operative intends to start manufacturing in Europe and Singapore by early 2016. Newly-appointed managing director Dr K Rathnam speaks to just-food about Amul's future.
The Japanese government has set out an ambitious programme to increase food exports. With a focus on high-quality, high-value, products the authorities hope that increasing Japanese food sales internationally will help revitalise the country's lacklustre economy and offset declining domestic consumption. just-food spoke to Japan's Parliamentary Vice-Minister Yasuhiro Ozato to find out more.
Chinese pork processor WH Group booked a surge in earnings in its first set of interim results as a listed company, boosted by last year's acquisition of US pork giant Smithfield Foods.
Russian food firm Ros Agro which has interests in sugar and meat has posted an increase in net profits for the first half of 2014.
Four trucks containing Valio's lactose-free products were stopped at the Russian border over issues with certification - the latest setback for the Finnish dairy in a major export market.
Olam International has booked a jump in full-year earnings, which were boosted by margin expansion and one-time gains.
China Mengniu Dairy saw its share price tumble today (28 August), despite posting a jump in first-half sales and profits.
Indian conglomerate Mahindra Group has refused to confirm or deny reports it is preparing to enter the country's dairy sector.
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- Olam sells Cote d'Ivoire dairy to FrieslandCampina
- China - ISA Country Report
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- Other Dairy in Russia
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape