Latest food news & analysis in Asia
Britannia Industries last week claimed to be the first biscuit company in India to launch an online-exclusive product before it hit retail s...
Ferrero Group is purportedly re-thinking its investment plan in India due to difficulties with regulators in the country. The Indian market...
For US and European companies exporting products to Russia, the operating environment has been challenging to say the least. Recent comments...
The e-commerce channel in China is buoyant - one only has to witness the recent IPO of Alibaba in the US to see that - but smaller online re...
Like many Japanese food majors, soy sauce and seasonings group Kikkoman Corp. is battling an ageing domestic population. However, through innovation, Kikkoman is looking to meet changing consumer demand at home, while looking to expand further overseas. Julian Ryall met Kikkoman president and CEO Noriaki Horikiri to discuss the company's plans.
Indian dairy giant Amul is gearing up for growth. The company is preparing a push into the value-added nutraceuticals sector in India while, further afield, the co-operative intends to start manufacturing in Europe and Singapore by early 2016. Newly-appointed managing director Dr K Rathnam speaks to just-food about Amul's future.
Japanese food group Ajinomoto has reported an 8% increase in nine-month profits, helped by higher earnings from its overseas operations.
Japanese probiotics company Yakult booked an increase in third-quarter sales and earnings driven by strong overseas growth.
Russian meat firm Cherkizovo Group reported higher volume and value sales throughout 2014.
Philippines food and drink business San Miguel Corp. is to buy out US group Hormel Foods from the companies' venture in Vietnam.
Vietnamese dairy group Hanoimilk booked a surge in fourth-quarter sales, offsetting some impact of lower revenues in the first nine months of the year.
Singapore-based Fraser and Neave has secured a licensing deal with Nestle to manufacture and distribute the Carnation, Bear Brand, Bear Brand Gold, Ideal Milk and Milkmaid products in ASEAN countries.
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report