Latest food news & analysis in Australia & New Zealand
The use of antibiotics in the rearing of animals has been a much discussed issue in recent weeks, with regulatory and corporate moves across...
Associated British Foods this week announced the launch of a high-protein bread from its Australasian arm George Weston Foods. The company l...
Australia is set to see the introduction of a code overseeing relations between suppliers and retailers. Will the country be a fairer place...
The possibility New Zealand could be facing another year of drought conditions is a serious concern for the country's massive dairy industry...
In part two of the just-food interview, Bega Cheese CEO Aidan Coleman discusses why Asia and the Middle East are two key target markets for the Australian dairy group.
Bega Cheese has had a whirlwind couple of years. Seeking greater consolidation of the Australian dairy industry, it made a play for Warrnambool Cheese and Butter in 2013, kicking off a takeover battle, in which Canada's Saputo emerged the victor. In a two-part interview, just-food catches up with Bega CEO Aidan Coleman, to find out why it gave up on the takeover dream and whether it is eyeing any other opportunities.
Freedom Foods Group has confirmed the interest it and Dean Foods jointly had in A2 Milk Co. has cooled.
Murray Goulburn, the Australian dairy co-operative, has booked a 28% drop in annual profits on the back of pressure on global dairy commodity prices.
Australian dairy firm Bega Cheese has reported a fall in full-year profits - in line with the profit warning it issued earlier this year - despite an increase in revenues.
Australia's Freedom Foods Group is nearing the acquisition of an unnamed local company making cereal and snacks made with oats.
Freedom Foods Group, the Australia-based cereal-to-dairy business, has reported flat underlying annual profits but higher sales across most of its divisions.
Australian meat, seafood and dairy business Beston Global Food Co. is set to list on the Australian Stock Exchange on Friday (28 August) as part of plans to invest in more food companies, with an eye on serving demand in Asia.
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Arla H1 profits down on milk price slump
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis