Latest food news & analysis in Australia & New Zealand
Associated British Foods this week announced the launch of a high-protein bread from its Australasian arm George Weston Foods. The company l...
Australia is set to see the introduction of a code overseeing relations between suppliers and retailers. Will the country be a fairer place...
The possibility New Zealand could be facing another year of drought conditions is a serious concern for the country's massive dairy industry...
Brazil-based JBS is already the world's largest meat supplier but it has its sights on growing further in value-added products and in Asia -...
In part two of the just-food interview, Bega Cheese CEO Aidan Coleman discusses why Asia and the Middle East are two key target markets for the Australian dairy group.
Bega Cheese has had a whirlwind couple of years. Seeking greater consolidation of the Australian dairy industry, it made a play for Warrnambool Cheese and Butter in 2013, kicking off a takeover battle, in which Canada's Saputo emerged the victor. In a two-part interview, just-food catches up with Bega CEO Aidan Coleman, to find out why it gave up on the takeover dream and whether it is eyeing any other opportunities.
The Australian arm of Brazilian meat processor, JBS, is reportedly cutting its lamb and mutton processing in half as a result of poor demand.
Reg Weine, the former CEO of Australian dairy firm Bulla Dairy Foods, is to join canned food group SPC Ardmona as its new managing director.
Fonterra, the world's largest dairy exporter, has said "significant volatility" is expected to shape global dairy commodities prices due to oversupply and ongoing geopolitical instability around the world.
Australian cereal maker Sanitarium has announced the launch of wholefood snack bars in its domestic market.
George Weston Foods, the Australian business of Associated British Foods, is pumping NZ$2m (US$1.5m) into developing and marketing "high protein breads".
Murray Goulburn has snapped by the foodservice-focused cheese brand Caboolture from fellow Australian dairy group United Dairy Power.
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- just the answer: Gardein founder Yves Potvin
- Analysis: Quality, innovation driving Chinese milk
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Kellogg CEO: sales trends are improving
- Finsbury buys Johnstone's Just Desserts
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- General Mills cuts Yoplait sugar by 25%
- Dean Foods brings milk brands under single label
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Consumer and Market Insights: Confectionery Market in the UK
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019