Latest food news & analysis in Australia & New Zealand
The possibility New Zealand could be facing another year of drought conditions is a serious concern for the country's massive dairy industry...
Brazil-based JBS is already the world's largest meat supplier but it has its sights on growing further in value-added products and in Asia -...
After reporting a slump in Fonterra's annual profits this week, CEO Theo Spierings was at pains to tell the market the global dairy market w...
New Zealand dairy giant Fonterra has joined with the Australian science agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisa...
Chobani, the US-based Greek yoghurt producer, has been one of the success stories of the US packaged food market, leading the boom in its category. The company has spread its wings internationally (not with complete success) and is looking to grow further, which could be vital with the US Greek yoghurt category showing signs of slowing. In the second part of a two-part interview, Dean Best spoke to Peter Meek, the MD of Chobani's Australian arm, about the company's moves in south-east Asia.
Chobani's rise in the US - and its problems in the UK - have been well-documented. But what about the yoghurt producer's business in Australia? Dean Best spoke to Peter Meek, the MD of Chobani's Australian arm, to discuss its performance in that market.
Filipino conglomerate Monde Nissin is reportedly set to acquire Australian food group Menora Foods.
Gruppo La Doria has dismissed as "groundless" fresh claims from SPC Ardmona the Italian company is dumping canned tomato products in Australia.
Two Italian tomato product suppliers - Gruppo La Doria and Feger di Gerardo Ferraioli - are being investigated in Australia for allegedly for dumping canned products in the country.
Perfection Fresh Australia has acquired fellow produce group Moraitis in a deal the company said boosts its position in the tomato category.
Synlait, the New Zealand-based infant formula maker, has said that the current dry weather facing New Zealand farmers is expected to have "little impact" on its milk supply.
Australian dairy manufacturers are lobbying for the right to use sports health claims in the marketing of certain dairy products.
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Emerging markets online: India's food retail scene
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Monde Nissin "to acquire Menora"
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019