Latest food news & analysis in Emerging Markets
State-backed Chinese food giant Bright Food Co. continued to make progress with its "go global, bring in" ambition when it acquired a majori...
FrieslandCampina made two announcements last week that it was re-jigging its European operations, demonstrating it was well on its way to ri...
Thai Union Frozen Products has rolled out an ambitious growth plan of hitting US$8bn in sales by 2020. The seafood group has embarked on wha...
Alibaba Group's massive IPO has underlined that the e-commerce trade in China is booming. Significantly for packaged food manufacturers, onl...
Indian dairy giant Amul is gearing up for growth. The company is preparing a push into the value-added nutraceuticals sector in India while, further afield, the co-operative intends to start manufacturing in Europe and Singapore by early 2016. Newly-appointed managing director Dr K Rathnam speaks to just-food about Amul's future.
Vietnam is an up-and-coming emerging market that is gaining increasing attention as international companies seek out fresh avenues of growth. Nestle first established an office in the country in 1912. In the 1990s the company took its presence in Vietnam to the next level with the establishment of a local subsidiary. Today, the firm is focused on accelerating growth in the market. Katy Askew spoke to Rashid Aleem Qureshi, MD of Nestle Vietnam, to find out more about the group's plans in the country.
Danone is taking a 25% stake in Yashili International Holdings, the infant formula business majority owned by Chinese dairy giant Mengniu, in a deal worth almost HK$4.4bn (US$567.4m).
A Nestle cereals and cooking ingredients plant in Venezuela has started operations again after a strike stopped production for two days, with workers resuming talks on pay.
Bright Dairy & Food Co., a listed subsidiary of Chinese food group Bright Food Co., reported higher sales and earnings for the first nine months of the year.
Mondelez International has rolled out mini Oreos in Thailand to meet local demand for "on-the-go snacks", the US food group said.
Agthia Group has booked a drop in earnings at its food business despite higher sales.
Taiwan has reportedly revealed 11 markets have put restrictions on food exports from the country due to the tainted oil scandals hitting the local food industry.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- Mondelez evaluating Oreo production in Morocco
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Supermarkets in China
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report