Latest food news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Brazilian protein group Marfrig surprised the market yesterday (15 January) with the announcement CEO Sergio Rial will stand down. Rial was...
Britannia Industries last week claimed to be the first biscuit company in India to launch an online-exclusive product before it hit retail s...
Ferrero Group is purportedly re-thinking its investment plan in India due to difficulties with regulators in the country. The Indian market...
For US and European companies exporting products to Russia, the operating environment has been challenging to say the least. Recent comments...
Brazilian food group BRF is working to an ambitious agenda. The company is bent on expanding as a global food manufacturer operating in the protein space. However, eking out growth in stagnant developed markets such as Europe can prove somewhat problematic. At this year's SIAL trade show in Paris, Katy Askew spoke to Europe CEO Roberto Banfi to find out how the company plans to meet this challenge.
As we heard in part one of the just-food interview, BRF has undergone a far-reaching restructuring process that, it believes, will deliver a more stable margin structure. The company is now moving to a new phase of growth as this stable foundation enables it to ramp up top-line expansion at home and overseas. Katy Askew speaks to BRF chief financial officer Augusto Ribeiro to find out more.
Philippines food and drink business San Miguel Corp. is to buy out US group Hormel Foods from the companies' venture in Vietnam.
Vietnamese dairy group Hanoimilk booked a surge in fourth-quarter sales, offsetting some impact of lower revenues in the first nine months of the year.
Singapore-based Fraser and Neave has secured a licensing deal with Nestle to manufacture and distribute the Carnation, Bear Brand, Bear Brand Gold, Ideal Milk and Milkmaid products in ASEAN countries.
Cherkizovo, the Russian poultry processor, has announced the launch of a "healthy" line of ready-to-cook chilled chicken products in its domestic market.
Three companies bidding for Slovenian food producer Zito have been invited to perform due diligence, according to local newspaper Delo Daily.
Indian conglomerate ITC has reported "healthy growth" in its packaged food sales in its third quarter.
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits