Latest food news & analysis in Emerging Markets
US cereal giant Kellogg announced earlier this week that it has entered into a joint venture agreement to step up its presence in Africa. Ke...
Global retailers have continued to expand into emerging markets, in spite of the political and economic turbulence seen in many of these cou...
Much attention has been focused on the impact Mexico's tax on soda tax introduced in January 2014 has had on consumption. Ben Cooper looks a...
The easing of decade-long economic sanctions on Iran lifted could open a potentially attractive market for international food makers, with a...
When unveiling its new name and corporate identity last week, seafood giant Thai Union Group placed sustainability at the heart of its agenda. Following her appointment as the company's group director of sustainable development, Dr Darian McBain spoke with Ben Cooper about Thai Union's approach to sustainability and aspirations for the future.
Arla Foods has invested significantly in overseas expansion, including in emerging markets, to look for avenues for future growth. The European dairy co-op's moves in developing markets have largely centred on Russia, China and Africa but it is also stepping up its activity in Latin America. Dean Best spoke to Arla executive vice president to find out more.
Hain Celestial is to start selling its organic infant formula, Earth’s Best Organic, in China through its joint venture with Chinese pharmaceutical group Hutchison China MediTech, or Chi-Med.
Indian conglomerate Future Group is planning a major push in food manufacturing as part of its drive to increase sales to INR10trn (US$154.2bn) over the next six years.
Saudi Arabian food company Almarai has announced a healthy set of third-quarter results, with net income up by over 10% and a sales increase of nearly 8%.
Nestle is launching a range of Maggi noodles in South Africa containing the indigenous vegetable morogo, after three years of research to assess their nutritional value and taste.
Multinational company bosses are bullish about their operations in China, and expect profitability to remain good, but predict the rate of business growth will continue to slow down as conditions become ever more challenging.
Croatia-based food group Podravka has announced plans to buy up the remaining shares in Slovenian pasta-to-confectionery group Zito, only six months after striking a deal to buy a 51% majority stake in the company.
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Premier Foods adds to Bisto range
- PepsiCo to close Australia crisps plant
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis