Latest food news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Much attention has been focused on the impact Mexico's tax on soda tax introduced in January 2014 has had on consumption. Ben Cooper looks a...
The easing of decade-long economic sanctions on Iran lifted could open a potentially attractive market for international food makers, with a...
A free trade agreement initialled between the European Union and Vietnam last week, is set to stimulate trade for both the European and Viet...
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India has taken a hard line on Nestle's Maggi brand. But – with Nestle's strong international foo...
Arla Foods has invested significantly in overseas expansion, including in emerging markets, to look for avenues for future growth. The European dairy co-op's moves in developing markets have largely centred on Russia, China and Africa but it is also stepping up its activity in Latin America. Dean Best spoke to Arla executive vice president to find out more.
Statistics in the UAE show more than seven in ten of the country's 9.3m citizens are deficient in vitamin D. With a government keen to promote vitamin and mineral-rich diets, opportunities are opening up for food companies. Local dairy manufacturer Al Rawabi is one local firm looking to capitalise on through the launch of its "functional" dairy range. General manager Dr. Ahmed El Tigani tells Hannah Abdulla more.
Mengniu Dairy, the Chinese dairy group, has reported an increase in half-year profits despite lower sales amid efforts to reduce costs.
Rhodes Food Group's acquisition of fellow South African food company Deemster has received the all-clear from the country's competition watchdog.
A fall in sales at its private-label and contract manufacturing divisions has seen Chinese infant formula producer Ausnutria report lower sales and profits for the first six months of the year.
Indian FMCG giant ITC has become the subject of speculation over the lead content of noodles after reports food officials in Uttar Pradesh had found a batch contained excess levels of lead.
Cremica, the Indian food group, is set to see private-equity investment after one of the children of the company's founder decided to sell shares.
Mondelez International has added to its Cadbury Dairy Milk range in South Africa with the launch of the "premium" line Silk.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report