Latest food news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Alibaba Group's massive IPO has underlined that the e-commerce trade in China is booming. Significantly for packaged food manufacturers, onl...
The successful completion of Alibaba Group's listing on the New York stock exchange has placed the firm - and e-commerce in China more broad...
The proposed sale of BRF's Brazilian dairies unit to Lactalis-owned Parmalat looks set to be a win-win for both companies. BRF is focusing o...
China's largest dairy manufacturer China Mengniu Dairy has shrugged off investor concerns over margin pressure, insisting its strategy to ra...
Indian dairy giant Amul is gearing up for growth. The company is preparing a push into the value-added nutraceuticals sector in India while, further afield, the co-operative intends to start manufacturing in Europe and Singapore by early 2016. Newly-appointed managing director Dr K Rathnam speaks to just-food about Amul's future.
Vietnam is an up-and-coming emerging market that is gaining increasing attention as international companies seek out fresh avenues of growth. Nestle first established an office in the country in 1912. In the 1990s the company took its presence in Vietnam to the next level with the establishment of a local subsidiary. Today, the firm is focused on accelerating growth in the market. Katy Askew spoke to Rashid Aleem Qureshi, MD of Nestle Vietnam, to find out more about the group's plans in the country.
Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines, PepsiCo's drinks distributor in the Asian country, plans to set up a snacks factory.
JBS has declined to comment on whether it is to delay plans for the US$1.7bn initial public offering of its food unit.
Australian dairy firm Bega Cheese has secured a contract to supply Chinese retail group Chongqing General Trading Group with UHT milk.
Arla Foods' move to change its business relationship with Brazilian dairy group Vigor opens up access to 40,000 retailers in the country.
Arla Foods has acquired a stake in Brazilian dairy company Vigor Alimentos.
Nestle today (19 September) unveiled a plan to invest MXN700m (US$52.9m) over the next six years to increase milk production in Mexico.
- How City reacted to Tesco's profit over-statement
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Viewpoint: Baptism of fire for new Tesco CEO Lewis
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top tweets
- United Biscuits attracts bids of over GBP2bn
- Arla: New Vigor deal to boost our Brazil presence
- Jobs to go at United Biscuits UK site
- General Mills plans to close two US plants
- Arla takes stake in Brazilian dairy group Vigor
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- China - ISA Country Report
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape
- Ice Cream Market in Papua New Guinea: Databook to 2017
- Innovation Strategies: New techniques and best practice case studies in Food, Drink, and Personal Care