Latest food news & analysis in Europe
The economic turmoil in Greece has been one of the biggest business stories of the year. But what kind of effects has the crisis had on the...
As if hamburger-focused concepts in the UK did not already have enough competition, now the Americans are coming, bringing many of their bet...
Nestle saw organic sales increase 4.5% in the first half of 2015 and confirmed it is on track to meet full-year guidance of growth of "aroun...
Unilever is the world's largest ice cream maker but the FMCG giant is not resting on its laurels. Kevin Havelock, president of refreshments,...
Mrs Crimble's was one of the clutch of brands Tesco listed when it set up a dedicated free-from fixture in the UK a decade go, a move seen as key to the early development of the category in the country. With gluten free now a crowded market, how can Mrs Crimble's continue to grow? Dean Best met with Gareth Toms, the company's international commercial director, to discuss its plans.
Senior management at Seabrook Crisps have led a buy-out of the UK firm, backed by private-equity group LDC. Seabrook CEO Jonathan Bye, appointed in 2012 at a challenging time for the business, is one of the executives involved in the deal and he speaks to Dean Best about the outlook for the Yorkshire-based company.
Cricketer Farm, the UK cheese maker, has set out plans to stop making and packing cheese early next year after a period of "significant financial losses".
Savencia Fromage & Dairy, the French dairy group formerly known as Bongrain, has reported lower half-year sales but an increase in profits.
Nordic poultry group Scandi Standard has reported higher underlying profits for the second quarter of 2015, although the result was not enough to prevent lower half-year earnings.
Avangardco, the Ukraine egg processor, posted a loss of over US$152m for the first half of the year amid an inventory writedown and a 54% drop in revenue.
MHP, the Ukraine poultry processor, pointed to an improvement in its EBITDA margin in the first half of the year as evidence of "stable financial results" during the period, which included lower sales.
Candyking, the Sweden-based confectioner, has posted another half-year loss after the loss of contracts at home and in Finland hit sales.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019