Latest food news & analysis in Europe
Aryzta, the Switzerland-based bakery products supplier, this week reported a drop in annual profits, although it managed to eke out some gro...
There is hope the embattled UK turkey processor can be revitalised under the stewardship of Ranjit Singh Boparan, the UK businessman with ex...
Initiatives aimed at involving employees in sustainability aims are now commonplace in progressive food companies, and for good reason. Ben...
Amid the uncertainty following the UK vote to leave the EU on 23 June, British food companies and global food giants with UK sites will have...
UK business Fresh Marketing distributes brands locally, exports British brands overseas and sources private-label for retailers. The company is also building its own range of brands, which include Fuel 10K, a product that was one of the pioneers of the breakfast drink category in the UK. Dean Best spoke to Fresh Marketing co-founder Barney Mauleverer about his plans for the business and how the increased scrutiny on sugar, as well as Brexit, could affect the company.
The market reacted positively to Emmi's first-half results and the Swiss dairy group's ongoing efforts to improve its profitability but the business does face challenges, not least on its top line. Facing challenges at home, the company is also looking to continue to expand internationally to further broaden its business, although growth has come under some pressure in some overseas markets, while the group has to weigh up the impact of Brexit. Dean Best spoke to Emmi CEO Urs Riedener to find out how the Onken owner sees its near-term prospects.
Italy has welcomed the lifting of a ban by China on imports of fresh pork from northern Italy that was imposed in 1999 over fears of swine vesicular disease.
Irish vegan food maker Dee's Wholefoods has entered the Swedish market with a deal to supply supermarket operator ICA.
UK children's ready meals maker Little Dish has added three varieties of "nutritionally balanced fresh soups" to its range aimed at one to three-year-olds.
WorldFoods, the Thailand-based ethnic cuisine supplier, is in talks with UK multiples over possible for listings for a range of free-from pastes and sauces in the country.
Swiss dairy group Emmi has said that it will switch to 100% renewable hydroelectricity at its Swiss production facilities as part of its commitment to reduce CO2 emissions by 25% by 2020.
Aryzta has said buying French frozen food retailer Picard remains important to its plans but the Switzerland-based bakery group has insisted whether it decides to turn into its minority stake into full ownership is subject to a series of metrics.
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report