Latest food news & analysis in Europe
Lindt & Sprungli, the upmarket Swiss chocolate group, today (19 August) underlined why it is a business seen as one of the better performers...
The Institute of Economic Affairs, a UK think tank, raised an important issue yesterday (18 August) when it insisted a decline in physical a...
Raisio, the Finland-based group behind brands including Benecol, Honey Monster cereals and Fox's confectionery, has, in recent years, tried...
Shares in Nestle closed up today (7 August) after the world's largest food maker reported underlying sales that beat analyst expectations. N...
While speculation over the future ownership of United Biscuits intensifies, the UK snack maker is making strides beyond its domestic market, with a significant proportion of its growth coming from developing economies – Africa, the Middle East, India and China in particular. Jeff van der Eems, chief executive of UB's international business, speaks to Andrew Don about the company's international ambitions.
Premier Foods has strengthened its financial position and is building profitability through a focus on cost reduction. However, the UK company is finding the going tougher as it looks to accelerate its sales growth. Chief executive Gavin Darby spoke to just-food about how Premier is adapting to the changing landscape in UK grocery retail.
Nestle today (21 August) set out moves it says will improve the welfare of animals in its supply chain.
Switzerland-based meats supplier Bell Group today (21 August) posted higher half-year profits, even after sales rose by less than 1%.
Norway-based seafood processor Lerøy Seafood has posted "record" first-half revenue and operating profit.
Swiss convenience food group Orior today (21 August) reported lower half-year profits amid higher raw material prices.
2 Sisters Food Group has confirmed jobs look set to go at two of the UK group's sites as contracts come to an end.
A restructure at meat processor Vion's Bavarian plants could see jobs go at two of its sites in the long-term.
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- Briefing: Expansion agenda of Japan's food majors
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Japan's Sanyo takes stake in Olam's food biz
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: Merger and Acquisitions May 2014
- Food Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Other Dairy in Russia