Latest food news & analysis in Latin America
Much attention has been focused on the impact Mexico's tax on soda tax introduced in January 2014 has had on consumption. Ben Cooper looks a...
Brazilian protein giants Marfrig and JBS have reached an agreement that will see the ownership of European poultry processor Moy Park transf...
Brazilian protein group Marfrig surprised the market yesterday (15 January) with the announcement CEO Sergio Rial will stand down. Rial was...
BRF, the Brazilian meat giant, is undergoing significant change. The company has initiated a massive behind-the-scenes restructuring drive t...
Arla Foods has invested significantly in overseas expansion, including in emerging markets, to look for avenues for future growth. The European dairy co-op's moves in developing markets have largely centred on Russia, China and Africa but it is also stepping up its activity in Latin America. Dean Best spoke to Arla executive vice president to find out more.
Brazilian food group BRF is working to an ambitious agenda. The company is bent on expanding as a global food manufacturer operating in the protein space. However, eking out growth in stagnant developed markets such as Europe can prove somewhat problematic. At this year's SIAL trade show in Paris, Katy Askew spoke to Europe CEO Roberto Banfi to find out how the company plans to meet this challenge.
Mars has struck a deal to buy Mexican chocolate business Grupo Turin.
Deoleo, the Spain-based olive oil producer, has started bottling in Ecuador as part of a fresh push to expand in Latin America.
Grupo Bimbo, the Mexico-based bakery giant, has outlined fresh plans to source palm oil "responsibly".
Acquisition charges have hit Grupo Nutresa's first-half profits, although the Colombian food company saw operating income and revenue rise.
Hershey's move to buy out its partner in Brazil, Pandurata Alimentos, from their venture in the country has been approved by local competition officials.
JBS, the Brazil-based meat group, has booked lower profits for the second quarter on the back of higher costs, although sales grew year-on-year.
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Fonterra's full-year results – 10 things to learn
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- ConAgra suggests there is life in old brands yet
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- McCormick India JV hit by row
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015