Latest food news & analysis in Latin America
A growing body of food makers are adopting zero-based budgeting as a tool to reduce costs and improve resource allocation. The method has al...
General Mills secured its entry into the fledgling but growing Brazilian yoghurt market with the acquisition of local player Carolina just b...
Much attention has been focused on the impact Mexico's tax on soda tax introduced in January 2014 has had on consumption. Ben Cooper looks a...
Brazilian protein giants Marfrig and JBS have reached an agreement that will see the ownership of European poultry processor Moy Park transf...
Arla Foods has invested significantly in overseas expansion, including in emerging markets, to look for avenues for future growth. The European dairy co-op's moves in developing markets have largely centred on Russia, China and Africa but it is also stepping up its activity in Latin America. Dean Best spoke to Arla executive vice president to find out more.
Brazilian food group BRF is working to an ambitious agenda. The company is bent on expanding as a global food manufacturer operating in the protein space. However, eking out growth in stagnant developed markets such as Europe can prove somewhat problematic. At this year's SIAL trade show in Paris, Katy Askew spoke to Europe CEO Roberto Banfi to find out how the company plans to meet this challenge.
Sigma Alimentos, the Mexico-based food maker, has reported declining sales and earnings for the first nine months of the year, hit by foreign exchange and lower sales volumes.
This week saw the first high-profile sign of Brexit affecting food company costs with a row between Unilever and Tesco over the supplier's request for 10% price hike. Our M&A pages were busy, with Tyson Foods investing in faux meat business Beyond Meat, Europe Snacks merging with fellow private-label snacks business Kolak Snack Foods and Kellogg snapping up Brazil's Parati Group.
US snacks-to-cereal giant Kellogg has become a "controlling" shareholder in Brazilian snack maker Parati Group through its acquisition of Ritmo Investimentos.
Dole Food Co. has snapped up Chilean fruit producer TucFrut.
Nestle has opened a new plant to manufacture a range of infant formula products in Mexico.
A trade mission by Brazil to several Asian nations is set to generate a potential US$1.5bn to $2bn in trade and investment for the country's food exports business, the country's agriculture minister has announced.
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review