Latest food news & analysis in Latin America
Brazilian protein group Marfrig surprised the market yesterday (15 January) with the announcement CEO Sergio Rial will stand down. Rial was...
BRF, the Brazilian meat giant, is undergoing significant change. The company has initiated a massive behind-the-scenes restructuring drive t...
The proposed sale of BRF's Brazilian dairies unit to Lactalis-owned Parmalat looks set to be a win-win for both companies. BRF is focusing o...
Mexico is a country battling diet-related health problems. The nation's diabetes right is the highest among the members of the OECD. Last ye...
Arla Foods has invested significantly in overseas expansion, including in emerging markets, to look for avenues for future growth. The European dairy co-op's moves in developing markets have largely centred on Russia, China and Africa but it is also stepping up its activity in Latin America. Dean Best spoke to Arla executive vice president to find out more.
Brazilian food group BRF is working to an ambitious agenda. The company is bent on expanding as a global food manufacturer operating in the protein space. However, eking out growth in stagnant developed markets such as Europe can prove somewhat problematic. At this year's SIAL trade show in Paris, Katy Askew spoke to Europe CEO Roberto Banfi to find out how the company plans to meet this challenge.
Grupo Bimbo has opened a new EUR50m (US$54.6) bakery in Azuqueca de Henares (Guadalajara), Spain.
JBS chief executive Wesley Batista has reportedly indicated the Brazilian meat group is seeking further acquisitions in both North and South America, as well as Australia.
Brazilian protein group JBS reported a jump in both sales and earnings for the first quarter of the year, progress the group attributed to its strategic initiatives and drive to become a "global" business.
Mexico's Grupo Lala has started production at its newly constructed dairy in San Benito, Nicaragua.
Brazilian beef giant Marfrig has posted a higher loss for the first quarter of the year on the back of negative foreign exchange and higher costs.
A shake-up of its organisation over the last two years has contributed to a 43% jump in first-quarter net profit at Brazilian meat processor BRF.
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why "added-value" is key in LatAm yoghurt
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)