Latest food news & analysis in Latin America
General Mills secured its entry into the fledgling but growing Brazilian yoghurt market with the acquisition of local player Carolina just b...
Much attention has been focused on the impact Mexico's tax on soda tax introduced in January 2014 has had on consumption. Ben Cooper looks a...
Brazilian protein giants Marfrig and JBS have reached an agreement that will see the ownership of European poultry processor Moy Park transf...
Brazilian protein group Marfrig surprised the market yesterday (15 January) with the announcement CEO Sergio Rial will stand down. Rial was...
Arla Foods has invested significantly in overseas expansion, including in emerging markets, to look for avenues for future growth. The European dairy co-op's moves in developing markets have largely centred on Russia, China and Africa but it is also stepping up its activity in Latin America. Dean Best spoke to Arla executive vice president to find out more.
Brazilian food group BRF is working to an ambitious agenda. The company is bent on expanding as a global food manufacturer operating in the protein space. However, eking out growth in stagnant developed markets such as Europe can prove somewhat problematic. At this year's SIAL trade show in Paris, Katy Askew spoke to Europe CEO Roberto Banfi to find out how the company plans to meet this challenge.
Argentine flour and baked goods producer Molino Cañuelas SACIFIA has confirmed the acquisition of Cargill's wheat flour division, its main competitor in the market.
Ferrero appears set to be barred from selling its Kinder chocolate eggs in Chile.
Mexican conglomerate Grupo Kuo has struck a deal to take full control of Nutricarsa, the Mexican food processing joint venture it operates with Cargill.
BRF has outlined plans to further expand production in Argentina, a country the Brazilian meat processor plans to use as one of its two main export bases.
Unilever is to offload Latin America soy beverage business Ades to Coca-Cola Co. and Coca-Cola FEMSA, the soft drinks giant's Mexico-based bottler, in a deal worth US$575m.
Swiss dairy group Emmi plans to increase its stake in Chilean dairy Group Surlat as part of its international growth drive.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- German dairy group DMK names Ingo Mueller new CEO
- Europe's food firms slam French origin labels plan
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights