Latest food news & analysis in Latin America
General Mills secured its entry into the fledgling but growing Brazilian yoghurt market with the acquisition of local player Carolina just b...
Much attention has been focused on the impact Mexico's tax on soda tax introduced in January 2014 has had on consumption. Ben Cooper looks a...
Brazilian protein giants Marfrig and JBS have reached an agreement that will see the ownership of European poultry processor Moy Park transf...
Brazilian protein group Marfrig surprised the market yesterday (15 January) with the announcement CEO Sergio Rial will stand down. Rial was...
Arla Foods has invested significantly in overseas expansion, including in emerging markets, to look for avenues for future growth. The European dairy co-op's moves in developing markets have largely centred on Russia, China and Africa but it is also stepping up its activity in Latin America. Dean Best spoke to Arla executive vice president to find out more.
Brazilian food group BRF is working to an ambitious agenda. The company is bent on expanding as a global food manufacturer operating in the protein space. However, eking out growth in stagnant developed markets such as Europe can prove somewhat problematic. At this year's SIAL trade show in Paris, Katy Askew spoke to Europe CEO Roberto Banfi to find out how the company plans to meet this challenge.
A trade mission by Brazil to several Asian nations is set to generate a potential US$1.5bn to $2bn in trade and investment for the country's food exports business, the country's agriculture minister has announced.
Nestlé is close to formally completing the acquisition of Garoto, 14 years of after it first struck a deal to buy the Brazilian chocolate maker.
Brazil-based meat processor Minerva has received clearance to ship fresh beef to the US.
Brazil-based meat giant JBS said today (14 September) that Wesley Batista and his brother Joesley Batista had been reappointed to their respective posts of CEO and board chairman at the firm just hours after they were suspended from office by a court order.
José Batista Júnior has been appointed as interim president and CEO of Brazil-based meat giant JBS, after a court in the country ordered the temporary suspension from office of his predecessor, Wesley Batista, in connection with a police probe into reported allegations of fraud at a number of Brazilian pension funds.
Canadian investment firm LGC Capital and its 50-50 Canadian joint venture partner Groombridge Trading Corp have signed an agreement to support the development of Cuban citrus and foods producer Empresa Agro Industrial Victoria de Giron (EAIVG).
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities