Latest food news & analysis in Latin America
Brazilian protein group Marfrig surprised the market yesterday (15 January) with the announcement CEO Sergio Rial will stand down. Rial was...
BRF, the Brazilian meat giant, is undergoing significant change. The company has initiated a massive behind-the-scenes restructuring drive t...
The proposed sale of BRF's Brazilian dairies unit to Lactalis-owned Parmalat looks set to be a win-win for both companies. BRF is focusing o...
Mexico is a country battling diet-related health problems. The nation's diabetes right is the highest among the members of the OECD. Last ye...
Brazilian food group BRF is working to an ambitious agenda. The company is bent on expanding as a global food manufacturer operating in the protein space. However, eking out growth in stagnant developed markets such as Europe can prove somewhat problematic. At this year's SIAL trade show in Paris, Katy Askew spoke to Europe CEO Roberto Banfi to find out how the company plans to meet this challenge.
As we heard in part one of the just-food interview, BRF has undergone a far-reaching restructuring process that, it believes, will deliver a more stable margin structure. The company is now moving to a new phase of growth as this stable foundation enables it to ramp up top-line expansion at home and overseas. Katy Askew speaks to BRF chief financial officer Augusto Ribeiro to find out more.
A shake-up of its organisation over the last two years has contributed to a 43% jump in first-quarter net profit at Brazilian meat processor BRF.
Seafood group Marine Harvest has said that its 2015 and 2016 harvest volumes “will not be affected” by the volcanic eruptions in Chile that have seen more than 6,000 people evacuated from their homes in the past week.
Mexican baker Grupo Bimbo booked higher first-quarter sales and earnings on the back of broad-based regional expansion and improved margins.
Argentine dairy firm Verónica has launched the first milk with higher levels of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA milk) in Latin America.
Mexican food and drinks group Arca Continental is eyeing growth at home and in export markets after investment at its domestic Bokados snacks plant.
German food group Dr Oetker has completed the acquisition of Mexican confectioner D'Gari following approval from the local competition regulator.
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- just the answer: Gardein founder Yves Potvin
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Analysis: Quality, innovation driving Chinese milk
- Kellogg CEO: sales trends are improving
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- Finsbury buys Johnstone's Just Desserts
- General Mills cuts Yoplait sugar by 25%
- Dean Foods brings milk brands under single label
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- Consumer and Market Insights: Confectionery Market in the UK
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019