Latest food news & analysis in Middle East
Gulfood, the Middle East's largest annual food and hospitality trade show, has opened its doors this week in Dubai This year's event is expe...
Yildiz Holding is restructuring its confectionery and biscuit businesses, uniting the likes of United Biscuits, Ülker and Godiva under a sin...
The easing of decade-long economic sanctions on Iran lifted could open a potentially attractive market for international food makers, with a...
Arla Foods has entered a joint venture with Egypt's leading dairy processor, Juhayna Food Industries, that leaves the European dairy co-ope...
The easing of decade-long trade sanctions against Iran by the developed world offers packaged food makers an opportunity to access the country's 80m strong consumer base. At the end of April, Ireland's Bord Bia embarked on a trade mission with 17 Irish food producers to explore the potential of the market. just-food caught up with representatives from the mission, including the Irish Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Michael Creed, to find out more.
Arab Dairy, the Egyptian dairy firm owned by Pioneers Holding, has an ambitious growth target. The company intends to expand its sales by “at least” 30-35% per year for the next five years, export director Wael Morsy tells just-food. This will be achieved by reinvigorating its cheese business in Egypt and expanding its international sales. Katy Askew finds out more.
The owners of the UAE's National Foods Products Co. (NFPC) have reportedly abandoned negotiations over the potential sale of a majority stake in the Abu Dhabi-based dairy group.
Adeptio, the Gulf investment fund, has secured agreement with the majority investor in Kuwait Food Co. to buy its shares in the food manufacturing and restaurant business.
More to follow
Yildiz Holding, the Turkish owner of brands including Godiva and McVitie's, has said it plans to list its recently established food unit, Pladis, in London by 2020 as part of a push to become the world's largest snack group.
Turkish dried fruit, nuts and seeds producer Peyman has been acquired by private-equity group Bridgepoint for an undisclosed sum.
Israel-based food group G. Willi-Food reported a surge in earnings for the first quarter of the year, as cost savings fell significantly due to lower management salaries, outpacing a dip in sales.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights