Latest food news & analysis in Middle East
Arla Foods has entered a joint venture with Egypt's leading dairy processor, Juhayna Food Industries, that leaves the European dairy co-ope...
Egypt has been in the M&A spotlight in recent weeks, with Arab Dairy and local snacks group Bisco Misr the subject of interest from internat...
A new president and a revised investor law for Egypt appears to be restoring business confidence. Last month three food and beverage giants...
United Biscuits has signed a deal to acquire a majority stake in Saudi snacks business Rana Confectionery Products. The deal, the UK snacks...
Statistics in the UAE show more than seven in ten of the country's 9.3m citizens are deficient in vitamin D. With a government keen to promote vitamin and mineral-rich diets, opportunities are opening up for food companies. Local dairy manufacturer Al Rawabi is one local firm looking to capitalise on through the launch of its "functional" dairy range. General manager Dr. Ahmed El Tigani tells Hannah Abdulla more.
Camel milk - a staple food in the Middle East that dates back centuries - is gaining traction worldwide thanks to the touting of its many health properties. In an interview with Hannah Abdulla, deputy general manager of Dubai-based Emirates Industry of Camel Milk Products, Mutasher al Badry, speaks about the potential of the sector and his hopes of camel milk replacing other milk options.
Saudi Arabian dairy firm Almarai's board of directors has approved a capital investment plan for SAR21bn (US$5.6bn) over the next five years.
Mehmet Tutuncu, CEO of Turkish biscuit firm Ulker Biskuvi Sanayi, has reportedly said parent company Yildiz Holding is eyeing further acquisitions, following the sale of its milk business to France's Lactalis.
Arla Foods has inked a joint venture agreement with Egyptian dairy Juhayna Food Industries that will see the European co-operative's products fed into the firm's distribution network in the country.
French dairy group Lactalis has confirmed plans to buy a controlling stake in Turkish dairy Ak Gida from Yildiz Holding.
Yildiz Holding has reportedly struck a deal to sell Turkish dairy arm Ak Gida to Lactalis.
Mondelez International has officially opened its Marvellous Creations production line in Egypt.
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia