Latest food news & analysis in North America
General Mills launched a "mealtime solution" brand, The Good Table, in the US last week, targeting the millennial consumer on the look-out f...
A group of 60 institutional investors has written to 15 food and drink companies urging improvement in how they manage and report on water r...
Within a year of being established, Nomad Foods has made waves in Europe's frozen food sector, snapping up Iglo Group and agreeing a deal fo...
Flowers Foods last week announced the acquisition of organic bread maker Dave's Killer Bread, a move which accelerates its growth in the org...
Smithfield Foods, the US meat group, has set out a new tranche of goals on sustainability, building on targets it laid out in 2010. Ben Cooper spoke with Stewart Leeth, vice president of regulatory affairs and sustainability, about the company's progress over the past five years and the launch of the new targets.
Happy Family, the US organic baby food maker acquired by Danone in 2013, has enjoyed rapid growth. In 2006 the company reported turnover of US$115,000. This year it forecasts turnover of $130m. And its quest for further expansion has seen the firm move into adult snacking with the launch of Shine Organics pouches. Hannah Abdulla catches up with CEO and founder Shazi Visram to talk about how the company has evolved and how it has benefited from the tie-up with Danone.
US group B&G Foods is reportedly in advanced talks to buy General Mills' Green Giant frozen and canned vegetable business.
Dole Food Co. CEO David Murdock and Michael Carter, the company's former president, have been ordered to pay over US$148m to investors over the sale of the US group in 2013.
Three more lawsuits have been filed alleging price-fixing among major US canned tuna companies.
US group McKee Foods has announced the launch of line of protein bars which it boasts "taste unlike any other protein bar on the market".
BFY Holdings, the newly-established US snacks business, has named former Annie's Homegrown and Immaculate Baking Co. CEO Paul Nardone as its president and chief executive.
JM Smucker's first quarter net profit has been boosted by performance of new products and its acquisition of Big Heart Pet Brands.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019