Latest food news & analysis in North America
The imminent sale of Chiquita Brands International, the US produce giant, shows how different investment horizons can manifest on a company'...
The US spreads and gluten-free group saw its shares slump yesterday after warning about its short-term profitability. Boulder's Smart Balanc...
Chiquita Brands International still appears set on its proposed merger with Fyffes – and the US produce giant is, at the moment, right to do...
Frito-Lay, the North American snack business of PepsiCo, is responding to the slow erosion of its market share in a "disciplined" way, while...
Since December last year, US investment firm BBX Capital has - quite literally - been like a kid a in candy store. Via wholly-owned subsidiary BBX Sweet Holdings, it has made six acquisitions in the US confectionery sector, which include Helen Grace Chocolates, Anastasia Confections and - the latest purchase - Toffee Box. Hannah Abdulla catches up with company president Jarett Levan to find out what BBX's game is.
WhiteWave Foods, the US-based organic and natural foods specialist, was spun off from dairy giant Dean Foods last year. Deanna Bratter, senior manager of corporate sustainability at WhiteWave, spoke with Ben Cooper about the company's approach to sustainability as an independent operation.
Snow Phipps Group, a New York-based private equity firm, has acquired Hispanic foods firm Teasdale Foods from Palladium Equity Partners.
Inventure Foods saw sales and profits climb in the first nine months of 2014 - but shares in the US food group fell yesterday (30 October) after third-quarter results missed analyst expectations.
Shares in Kellogg climbed today (30 October) after it booked third-quarter earnings that beat Wall Street and company forecasts - but the US group continued to see domestic cereal sales come under pressure.
Kraft Foods Group has booked lower earnings in the first nine months of the year as one-off expenses, input costs and lower sales volumes weighed on profits.
Maple Leaf Foods' third-quarter earnings came in below analyst expectations today (30 October) as the Canadian group registered greater-than-expected charges related to a scheme to modernise some of its meat plants.
US natural and organic food group Amy's Kitchen has acquired a former Heinz facility in Idaho.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Supermarkets in China
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report