Latest food news & analysis in North America
In his latest column for just-food, Keith Anderson, vice president of strategy and insights at e-commerce analytics firm Profitero, outlines...
In a bumper month for significant moves from the world's food retailers, the spotlight shone on the performance of Whole Foods in the US, Al...
Shares in US meat group Tyson Foods took a battering this week, when the company missed earnings estimates and announced the appointment of...
Greencore, the Ireland-based convenience food group, wants to expand its reach in the US as a national distributor of food-to-go products an...
Today (13 September), PepsiCo publishes the first update on its "palm oil action plan". Ben Cooper spoke with Andrew Aulisi, senior director for global environmental policy at PepsiCo, about the progress to date and how the company's initial actions and achievements are likely to be received by environmental campaigners.
Activists, industry advocates and many consumers would like food to be a more prominent issue in major elections, such as the current race to the US White House. History, Ben Cooper writes, may suggest this is a forlorn hope but, speaking to Claire Benjamin DiMattina of the Plate of the Union campaign, it is clear advocates do not believe it is a futile endeavour.
The senior vice-president of sales at US seafood group Bumble Bee Foods, Walter Scott Cameron, has agreed to plead guilty for his role in a conspiracy to fix the prices of packaged seafood sold in the country.
US food group Post Holdings has reached an agreement to settle anti-trust class action claims against its Michael Foods unit.
Canadian food group Premium Brands Holdings has acquired Toronto-based Diana's Seafood, the company's seventh acquisition of 2016.
Tyson Foods has said it is on track to deliver its "best quarter in history" and the US meat giant hinted it could lift its earnings guidance for the remainder of its financial year.
Hain Celestial, the US food group, has appointed Nestle executive Gary Tickle as chief operating officer of its domestic business amid a number of senior changes at the business.
US dairy cooperative CROPP has said it is increasing production of its grass-fed milk Organic Valley products as additional farmers join its milk pool.
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report