Latest food news & analysis in North America
Pinnacle Foods, owner of Wishbone dressings, has been shopping and has picked out a firm that is going to bulk out its presence in the froze...
The private-equity owners of Hostess Brands are, according to reports, mulling a sale, just a year after buying the US snacks business. Ther...
Mondelez International's work on costs looks to be paying off with the snacks giant seeing its margins improve and lifting its forecast for...
Shares in Snyder's-Lance fell yesterday after the US snack group's third-quarter results missed Wall Street's expectations and the company r...
Canada-based dairy-free business Daiya Foods this summer appointed a new CEO. Director Terry Tierney - former chief marketing officer of Frontier Natural Brands and founder of Rocky Mountain Natural Foods - replaced Greg Blake, who set up Daiya in 2008. Dean Best spoke to Tierney to discuss the company's plans for further growth in a buoyant - but competitive - free-from sector in North America.
In 2012, around the height of the Greek yoghurt boom in the US, Powerful Yoghurt launched with a high-protein product tailored for men. The business has carved out a foothold in a tough market, one that has become more competitive as consumer demand for protein-enriched foods rises. Dean Best caught up with Powerful Yogurt founder and CEO Carlos Ramirez to find out how the company is faring.
Danone, General Mills and Chobani have been accused of "misleading parents" looking for healthier foods into buying yoghurts "loaded with sugar and containing a myriad of questionably safe artificial sweeteners, colours and emulsifiers".
Wrigley, the gum business owned by US confectioner Mars Inc., has moved to block rival Perfetti Van Melle's application to register "WTF" as a trademark in the US.
Kellogg has unveiled a swathe of new cereal items in a bid to tap into consumer demand for products with an improved health and wellness profile in the US.
Del Monte Fresh Produce has announced the opening of a fresh-cut facility in Canada.
Mezzetta is targeting growing home-cooking trends in the US with the launch of Everything Spreads, a line of multi-purpose condiments.
Ready-to-cook and pre-cooked beef and chicken manufacturer John Soules Foods has acquired chicken processor Pro View Foods for an undisclosed sum.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report