Latest food news & analysis in North America
Campbell Soup Co.'s third-quarter results included some positive news. Sales from the US group's baking and snacking arm grew solidly, while...
Hormel Foods has moved to acquire Applegate Farms to tap into growing demand for natural and organic protein in the US. But what makes Apple...
Busier lifestyles and a growing awareness of how diet can affect health has prompted a big shift in the way US consumers eat. This has been...
The labelling of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in food products is a massive hot potato in the US. Not least because states like Ver...
Canada's Garden Protein International - the company behind the meat-free brand Gardein - has enjoyed rapid growth and is hoping for more of the same under the ownership of US giant Pinnacle Foods, which bought the business last year. Yves Potvin, the founder and president of the Vancouver-based firm, has stayed on with Pinnacle and he spoke to Dean Best about expansion, competition and the outlook for the meat alternatives category.
Privately-owned US free-from snacks group Enjoy Life Foods has joined the likes of Cadbury and Oreo in the global giant's portfolio. Joel Warady, Enjoy Life's chief sales and marketing officer, has been at the business since it was set up in 2001. He speaks to Dean Best about why Enjoy Life was looking for a "partner", what Mondelez's ownership means for the business and the fledgling firm's growth ambitions.
E-commerce giant Amazon is reportedly planning to introduce grocery items to its line-up of private label brands
Mondelez International today (28 May) acknowledged challenges in its work to reduce saturated fat in its products and to lower the water and energy use in its manufacturing.
US baker Flowers Foods booked a mixed first quarter today (28 May), with lower sales and operating profit but higher net earnings.
Nestle has moved to try to see its US frozen sandwich brand Hot Pockets to benefit from growing demand for snacks with the launch of a "bite-sized" products.
Post Holdings has warned that 35% of its egg supply has now been disrupted by the outbreak of avian influenza that is sweeping the mid-western US.
US infant formula group Abbot Laboratories has launched what it claims to be the “first and only” GMO-free infant formula from a “leading” manufacturer, Similac Advance Non-GMO.
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why "added-value" is key in LatAm yoghurt
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)