Latest food news & analysis in North America
Tyson Foods, one of the world's largest meat processors, is investing in fledgling US meat-free business Beyond Meat - and the deal looks an...
The process of zero-based budgeting removes the budget's baseline and requires every cost to be justified. In contrast to other budgeting te...
Zero-based budgeting is essentially a cost-control mechanism. By re-setting each line of the budget at zero, it focuses attention on expense...
Mars has moved to take full control of Wrigley, buying the minority stake held in the chewing gum maker by Warren Buffett. The deal could cr...
Today (13 September), PepsiCo publishes the first update on its "palm oil action plan". Ben Cooper spoke with Andrew Aulisi, senior director for global environmental policy at PepsiCo, about the progress to date and how the company's initial actions and achievements are likely to be received by environmental campaigners.
Activists, industry advocates and many consumers would like food to be a more prominent issue in major elections, such as the current race to the US White House. History, Ben Cooper writes, may suggest this is a forlorn hope but, speaking to Claire Benjamin DiMattina of the Plate of the Union campaign, it is clear advocates do not believe it is a futile endeavour.
The Canadian government has said that it will revise the country's healthy eating guidelines in a bid to better support Canadians in "making healthy food choices" as part of its strategy to tackle chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes.
Nestle's US refrigerated pasta and sauce brand Buitoni has committed to sourcing ingredients that do not contain GMOs.
US ice cream maker Well Enterprises has confirmed it is moving ahead with plans for a US$40m expansion of its South Ice Cream plant in the city of Le Mars, Iowa.
Mars Inc is rolling out its Maltesers chocolate brand in the US.
Blue Goose Capital Corp, a privately-held, Canadian-based protein and organic food company and a subsidiary of the Dundee Corporation, has acquired Ontario-based Tender Choice Foods Inc for an unspecified sum.
US frozen foods producer Buddy's Kitchen has acquired a new manufacturing facility in Minnesota to cater for what it said is rapid growth in the business.
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review