Bakery: Latest news and analysis articles
The Gulf is emerging as one to watch for the gluten-free sector. In just-food's series of spotlights on the next five markets manufacturers...
The spat between Unilever and Tesco in the UK over price grabbed the headlines last week but, across Europe, for different reasons, price re...
It has been markets in western Europe, notably Italy, Germany and the UK, where gluten-free has taken hold but the sector is building in cou...
It was a university in Australia that developed the low-FODMAP diet just over a decade ago and it is that country that is in the vanguard of...
Operating one of India’s largest food companies is not simple task, Suresh Narayanan, Nestle India chairman and managing director, tells to just-food in an exclusive interview at his business’ Gurgaon headquarters, near New Delhi. The company faces an array of challenges in the market – from the Maggi recall, to intensifying competition, to issues like obesity and diabetes. Narayanan shares how the Switzerland-based food giant is responding in the country.
In the second part of an extensive interview on the implications of Brexit for UK food companies, Ian Wright, director general of industry association the Food and Drink Federation, speaks with Ben Cooper about the longer-term implications of Brexit for UK food and farming policy and on the food industry's labour force.
The European Union should place mandatory limits on industrially produced trans fatty acids (TFA), according to Members of the European Parliament.
US flatbread and dressings maker Lancaster Colony today (27 October) booked a slight fall in net sales in the company's first-quarter results, but turned in a 21% increase in operating income - boosted by factors including lower commodity costs.
Pladis, the snack business of Turkish conglomerate Yildiz Holding, is increasing its investment in order to grow sales in the global chocolate and biscuit categories, CEO Cem Karakas told just-food.
The Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA) has urged the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) to extend its timeline for meeting short-term reduction goals aimed at cutting sodium consumption from two to "at least four years" and to "streamline" categories of products involved.
Idaho-based Driscoll Management Company has acquired state bakery firm Harper's Homemade Bread for an undisclosed sum.
Mondelez India Foods Private Limited has launched a new "tiffin pack" of its Cadbury Bournvita Biscuits to target the "morning snacking" market.
Confidence in the UK food and drink manufacturing sector is becoming "more fragile", industry association The Food and Drink Federation has claimed after a survey of its members - and Brexit is said to be a major factor.
Hardly a day goes by when just-food is not reporting on the launch of a product that is gluten-free, a category that is now significant in markets like the US and the UK. But where could be the next major markets for gluten-free?
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report