Bakery: Latest news and analysis articles
Food manufacturers are catching some flack for extending payment terms to their suppliers. The growing tension in the supply chain points to...
Premier Foods CEO Gavin Darby has predicted the UK food group's brands will be the co-beneficiaries of a rebound at the country's largest su...
Given 3G Capital's industry focus, its background of partners and track-record, the next big takeover target for the co-owner of Heinz is al...
Contained in Tesco's trading update yesterday (8 January) were some key strategic initiatives that will have a profound impact on the compan...
With growth hard to come by at home, international markets are an opportunity for UK food group Premier Foods. The Mr Kipling maker exports to around 30 countries but in recent months has set up a specific business unit to develop a sustainable presence overseas. Dean Best spoke to Peter Ellis, the head of division, at the SIAL trade show in Paris to hear about the company's plans.
Quirky French food group Michel et Augustin is enjoying rapid growth at home and overseas with a portfolio ranging from biscuits to beverages. Backing from Artemis, the French investment fund with assets including the Chateau Latour vineyard, is enabling the company to expand further - and it is set to enter the US. Dean Best met Antoine Chauvel, the firm's export director, at the SIAL trade show in Paris to find out more about its plans.
This week, Hershey announced the acquisition of meat jerky brand, Krave. Post also revealed it was to acquire US cereal brand MOM. Elsewhere, Campbell announced a reorganisation of its business and JBS US said it would pump US$75m into its Utah plant. Here is the week in quotes
ConAgra Foods has confirmed that it will stop manufacturing RyKrisp crackers due to "low demand" for the product.
Campbell Soup Co. is reorganising its business into three divisions the US group says reflect its strategic growth priorities.
Grupo Bimbo has announced a restructure at its Las Mercedes plant in Madrid, a move which sees 42 jobs at risk.
Lancaster Colony reported lower first-half earnings as a deterioration in sales mix and higher costs offset top line gains at the pie-to-condiments maker.
US-baked goods firm Nonni's Foods has announced the appointment of Brian Hansberry as CEO.
Just two weeks into 2015 and competition among UK grocers is heating up further. Will suppliers be caught in the crossfire? Corporate restructuring firm Begbies Traynor thinks so.
just-food's editorial team will be taking a well-earned festive break over Christmas. Our office will be closed from 24 December to 2 January.
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report