Bakery: Latest news and analysis articles
Ensuring product availability rates are as high as possible has never been as important, with growth in the grocery sector hard to come by....
Premier Foods plc, the UK food group, appears to have a solid strategy in place - but whether it can succeed in eking out top-line growth in...
Research suggesting the price gap between healthier and less healthy foods is widening will have been greeted with concern by public health...
Against a backdrop of weak consumer confidence and falling prices, four of France's leading four retailers have, in two deals, decided to te...
With growth hard to come by at home, international markets are an opportunity for UK food group Premier Foods. The Mr Kipling maker exports to around 30 countries but in recent months has set up a specific business unit to develop a sustainable presence overseas. Dean Best spoke to Peter Ellis, the head of division, at the SIAL trade show in Paris to here about the company's plans.
Quirky French food group Michel et Augustin is enjoying rapid growth at home and overseas with a portfolio ranging from biscuits to beverages. Backing from Artemis, the French investment fund with assets including the Chateau Latour vineyard, is enabling the company to expand further - and it is set to enter the US. Dean Best met Antoine Chauvel, the firm's export director, at the SIAL trade show in Paris to find out more about its plans.
A busy week for third quarter results, with several packaged food giants reporting profit pressure. Danone extended its tie-up with Mengniu in China and Premier Foods discussed international growth. Here is just-food's week in words.
Bob Spooner, the CEO of UK bread manufacturer Hovis, is to leave the business.
Higher costs weighed on Lancaster Colony first-quarter earnings, which fell despite growing sales, the US company revealed today (30 October).
The US and Mexico have signed a deal that is set to see the suspension of Washington's anti-dumping and countervailing duty investigations into Mexican sugar imports.
Agthia Group has booked a drop in earnings at its food business despite higher sales.
Mondelez International is considering starting to manufacture its Oreo brand at two production facilities in Morocco.
It is an unseasonably mild and bright morning here in Paris as this year's SIAL expo gets under away. Will the mood of exhibitors match the sunnier weather?
There is still time to contribute to just-food's readership survey and, in doing so, put yourself in with a chance to win an iPad mini on us.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Supermarkets in China
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report